Affordable Shaker Heights Car Rentals
Did you know that there are only nine neighborhoods in Shaker Heights?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Shaker Historical Society and Museum
#2 Thing to do: David Berger National Museum
#3 Thing to do: Bridges to the Future Children's Museum
Fun Fact: The Neo-Georgian city hall in Shaker Heights was designed by Charles Schneider and was built in 1930.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
Top Attractions within Shaker Heights
New York Central System Historical Society is a history museum depicting the story of the Big Apple. If you are visiting Shaker Heights and you want to find out more about one of the most beautiful cities in the world, you can do it. This Shaker Heights attraction also displays memorabilia and photograph collections.
Shaker Historical Society and Museum was founded in 1947. The objective of this Shaker Heights attraction is to preserve the heritage of the town. The museum if filled with artifacts from the early settlers and with splendid collections and galleries related to them.
Pearl of the Orient is the best Chinese restaurant in town, the winner of several awards. This Shaker Heights eatery offers a great array of dishes and a lovely atmosphere. If you are a fan of such food, you should definitely pay a visit here, if not, you should really try it.
Five Things You Must Do in Shaker Heights
Shaker Heights is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio of the United States. The population of the city measured 29,405 and the area was 16.4 square km according to the2000 census. Shaker Heights was incorporated as a village in 1912. The North Union Settlement was established in 1822.
1. Visit the bustling Hunting Valley: Hunting Valley is a wealthy suburb located east of Cleveland in Cuyahoga. The cultural roots of Hunting Valley have inspired many writers and movie makers.
2. Check out the modern Greater Cleveland: The Cleveland metropolitan area of Ohio is also well known for its rapid industrialization and growth in other spheres of infrastructural and social development.
3. Woodbury Elementary School: This school is an upper elementary school and was constructed in 1918. The school has made precious contributions in educating the folks of the area with the best curriculum and moral values. Its clock tower is a symbol of Shaker Heights' fame for imparting excellent educational services.
4. Shaker Heights Public Library: The library consists of books, photographs, videos and a collection of various authors that have written important works in their respective fields of study. Blueprints of numerous homes and monuments of the city are also preserved in the library's archives.
5. Do not forget to experience Shaker Heights Rapid Transit: This transit system is a part of the light rail system. This kind of fast and efficient rail system has eased the congestion of transportation among other counties in Ohio and in other states.