Shaker Heights is a city in Cuyahoga County, Ohio of the United States. The population of the city measured 29,405 and the area was 16.4 square km according to the2000 census. Shaker Heights was incorporated as a village in 1912. The North Union Settlement was established in 1822.
1. Visit the bustling Hunting Valley: Hunting Valley is a wealthy suburb located east of Cleveland in Cuyahoga. The cultural roots of Hunting Valley have inspired many writers and movie makers.
2. Check out the modern Greater Cleveland: The Cleveland metropolitan area of Ohio is also well known for its rapid industrialization and growth in other spheres of infrastructural and social development.
3. Woodbury Elementary School: This school is an upper elementary school and was constructed in 1918. The school has made precious contributions in educating the folks of the area with the best curriculum and moral values. Its clock tower is a symbol of Shaker Heights' fame for imparting excellent educational services.
4. Shaker Heights Public Library: The library consists of books, photographs, videos and a collection of various authors that have written important works in their respective fields of study. Blueprints of numerous homes and monuments of the city are also preserved in the library's archives.
5. Do not forget to experience Shaker Heights Rapid Transit: This transit system is a part of the light rail system. This kind of fast and efficient rail system has eased the congestion of transportation among other counties in Ohio and in other states.