Shawnee Car Rental Comparison
Shawnee, also known as Gum Springs, is located in Johnson County, Kansas, United States of America. Shawnee is a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. The city has in present a population of 62.000 residents and an area of 42.5 square miles. In the early years, Shawnee was famous for fur trading. In present, Money Magazine considers this American city one of the "Best Places To Live". Shawnee has three sister cities - Erfurt, in Germany, Listowel, County Kerry, in Ireland and Pittem, in Belgium. If you want to visit it, you will have a lot of interesting things to see and do in Shawnee.
Top Attractions within Shawnee
Wonderscope Children Museum is the perfect place to take the kids if you are visiting Shawnee. The museum offers all sorts of learning activities, encouraging the imagination and the creativity of all children. Great galleries and interactive exhibits come in support of the activities taking place in this Shawnee museum. The attraction also benefits of a souvenir shop and a small restaurant.
Old Shawnee Town is an area dedicated to replicate the charming old Shawnee. This part of the city features 17 buildings from the 19th and 20th century. Some are original and some are replicas, but are all perfect for an exciting walk while taking an interesting history lesson.
The 1950s All Electric House is an important attraction of the city of Shawnee. This house was built as a model home for its era and is priceless for the heritage of the town. The building is fascinating and during guided tours you can discover all its secrets.
Governor's Meeting House is a historical house located in Shawnee, hosting a beautiful restaurant. The upscale eatery is decorated in an authentic American style and serves only dishes of the American cuisine. For an elegant atmosphere, do not miss this dining experience.
Five Things You Must Do in Shawnee
Five things that can be done by tourists at Shawnee are:
1. Shawnee Mission Park: Spread over an area of about 1,250 acres, the park is the biggest one in the entire city. The most enchanting feature of the park is the 140-acre big lake that makes this park a must to be visited. The park contains several other places of interest which include shelter houses, archery ranges, swimming beaches, natural trails, concession stands and picnic spots.
2. Spend a day out at Theatre in the Park: This is a place where tourists can enjoy watching the various musical and other performances every weekend evening in the summer season. Various production companies come and organize many events to entertain the tourists.
3. Enjoy playing golf at Tomahawk Hills Golf and Recreational Center: As one of the oldest golf courses of the city, it features an 18-hole course providing enough challenges for all levels of players. The golf course also features a snack bar center, driving range and golf cart center.
4. Go to Park Lanes Family Fun Center: Park Lanes is a perfect place for the whole family. The center is comprised of a 4,000 square foot big arcade and a splendid bowling center of 32 lanes plus grills and bars.
5. Visit the Veteran's Freedom-Hands of Freedom: This is a monument that honors the heroes of every one of the wars. The monument displays a granite slab and a bronze globe on its top, depicting that the heroes of the war hold the world.