Compare Rates to Find a Reliable Car Rental in Shreveport
At VroomVroomVroom, we're the experts in cheap car rental price comparison, and we help people every day to book great rentals in the City of Shreveport! We compare best car rental deals from all of the national brands, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz!
Shreveport is Louisiana's third biggest city, and sits along the Red River across from Bossier City. Just over 200 thousand Americans live in Shreveport, with another 240 thousand in the total Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan area. Locals refer to Shreveport as the “Port City”, and consider it to be the commercial center of the border area where the states of Louisiana, Arkansas and Texas meet.
The city is named after Henry Miller Shreve, a military officer responsible for clearing the obstructed Red River so that ships could navigate it. Shreveport is the birthplace of legendary Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback and television host Terry Bradshaw, and of country music legend Hank Williams, Jr.
Why book a car rental in Shreveport with VroomVroomVroom?
Below are some of the great reasons why customers choose to book their rental cars with us..
- No booking and modification fees. You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- Having a rental car in Shreveport will mean that you'll have the freedom to see all the great sights – and to visit all the great attractions – that this city has to offer.
- When you book early, you can often find amazing deals on rentals! Just enter the dates that you'll be arriving and departing, and then have a look at our list of all the available rental cars in Shreveport – you might be surprised by the best prices you'll find.
- If you'll be in Shreveport and want to book a car rental, you can save a lot of money when you compare rates with us. VroomVroomVroom allows you to compare prices on all the best car rentals available in Shreveport, and it can help you to find just the right rental car, truck or SUV in this fine city. Also, you may want to check read our Price Promise.
- Our highly-motivated customer care experts can help you in finding the right car for you. Simply contact us if you need help with your booking.
Five Things You Must Do in Shreveport
The third largest city in the state of Louisiana, Shreveport is the cultural and commercial head of the Ark-La-Tex area. Shreveport is often the Gateway to East Texas, because it lies at the border between the west and the south.
1. Visit the RW Norton Art Gallery: Featuring an impressive collection of European and American arts, the museum is one of the most popular ones in the entire region. Art collections of Charles Russell and Frederic Remington also feature in the museum.
2. Spend some time at the Gardens of the American Rose Center: This center features the biggest rose garden in all of North America. The center features several rose gardens that have been individually designed and spread over an area of about 118 acres. Most of the varieties of roses found at this center have been contributed by the various rose societies throughout the country.
3. Get enchanted at Water Town USA: Featuring several activity pools, children's pools, tabular slides and wave pools, the amusement park is the place where tourists can find millions of gallons of water rushing around.
4. Visit the Ark-La-Tex Antique and Classic Vehicle Museum: This is a museum where tourists can watch the entire history of the automotive industry. The museum features about 45 models of classic vehicles that are exhibited for public viewing.
5. Go to Pioneer Heritage Center: This is the place where tourists can get an understanding of the lifestyle of the people of the 1830s. The center features marvelous buildings including the log dogtrot and the house from the Caspiana plantation, both of which are listed as historic places with the National Register.