Signal Hill is a small, but beautiful city, located in California, United States. Part of the Greater Los Angles area, Signal Hill has a surface of 2.191 square miles and a population of more than 11,000 residents. Signal Hill was incorporated as a city in 1924, actually being surrounded by the beautiful city Long Beach. Signal Hill has known a great development throughout the years, mostly due to the oil resources discovered in the area. Signal Hill is the preferred destination in the state of California for many tourists, who are willing to enjoy relaxing vacations. If you are going to be in the area soon, make sure to visit some of the most important Signal Hill sights of interest.
Top Attractions within Signal Hill
Signal Hill Park is the largest state park of the city and also one of the most beautiful ones. Amenities of the park include picnic tables, playgrounds, basketball courts, but also softball fields and restrooms. The park hosts many important Signal Hill events and is the preferred venue for summer concerts.
Reservoir Park is another wonderful natural spot of Signal Hill. The park has an area of 2.8 acres and it is located near the California Heights. The Reservoir Park includes amenities such as picnic tables. Other great parks of the city are Discovery Well Park and Hilltop Park.
City MEX Grill is a popular restaurant located in Signal Hill. The food here is absolutely delicious, the service is always fast and the prices are really affordable for all visitors. There is no way you will not be able to have a lovely meal in this wonderful Signal Hill spot.
Open Sesame is a great restaurant located in Long Beach, but visiting it is a must during your staying in Signal Hill. The food here is so great that there is really no way you are not going to like it. All Middle Eastern and Lebanese specialties served in this restaurant are fresh, delicious and quickly prepared..
Signal Hill is a small city located in Los Angeles, California. The city is named after a 110m high Hill which serves as a place for trekking and other hikes. Signal Hill is completely surrounded by the more widely known city of Long Beach.
1. Explore Long Beach: This large city located in the southern Los Angeles County on the Pacific Coast has many parks and recreational facilities. Its port is one of the largest shipping ports in the entire world. The city received a Gold Medal award from the National Parks and Recreation Society from 2002- 2004 in recognition of its outstanding practices and programs.
2. Check out the exotic Santa Catalina Island: This is a picturesque, rocky 22-mile wide island with around 400 species of plants and a vast variety of fauna. It is popular tourist attraction, with about a million visitors every year. The island houses a casino and a theater and plays host to an annual jazz festival. The use of motor vehicles is restricted and bicycles are a popular form of transport.
3. Relax at Signal Hill Park: The Park is spread over 10 acres and comprises of picnic areas, playgrounds, basketball courts, an amphitheater and a softball field. A large number of outdoor concerts and cultural activities are held here throughout the year.
4. Pay a visit to Hilltop Park: This Park is located at the top of Signal Hall and offers great scenic views of Los Angeles. On a clear day Santa Catalina Island can be seen, along with the Santa Monica and Santa Gabriel mountains. The park has a number of viewing telescopes and a mist tower. At the center of the park stands the "signal" which releases a cloud of steam every hour.
5. Enjoy the charm of California Heights: This area is a historic neighborhood which was initially used as grazing field prior to 1921. Until the1920's California Heights was part of the Bixby Ranch which is now known as Rancho Los Cerritos.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Signal Hill. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Signal Hill||Directions to Signal Hill||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|