Silver Spring Car Rental Comparison: Comparing the most affordable car rentals!
Northwest Park Golf Course is a nice golfing facility in Silver Spring, featuring a well maintained municipal 18-hole regulation golf course that will provide exciting and challenging experiences for players of all levels. Should you get hungry or thirsty, you could always get something at the snack bar.
8407 Kitchen Bar is a wonderful venue in Silver Spring, where you can spend the evening and enjoy a satisfying dinner. The menu is diverse and features all kind of specialties. The venue is really nice and the wide windows overlooking the street give it a great vibe. Make sure that you also try the refreshing local cocktails.
Mrs K's Toll House is another restaurant in Silver Spring, perfect if you are in the mood for a traditional American meal. The food is exquisite and the service is impeccable, so you have nothing to worry about.
Mandalay Restaurant & Cafe is the eating venue in Silver Spring which focuses on Burmese and Vegetarian cuisine. The restaurant is popular because the menu features a wide array of vegetarian dishes, unlike other restaurants of the kind.
5 Things You Must Do in Silver Spring
1. Visit the Rock Creek Park: The Park is a large urban area with sporting facilities and venues. It includes a tennis stadium, concert venue and cultural area. The park's rugged features provide enthusiasts with opportunities for hiking and rock climbing.
2. Explore Woodside Park: Woodside Park is a neighborhood in Silver Spring. Its main features are the roads which have been carved according to the curves of the topography. The style of the houses here reflects the trend of the 1920s.
3. Hiking at Sligo Creek Park: The Park is located along the Sligo Creek and has a wide range of recreational facilities including an impressive hiker-biker trail. The trails are more hazardous and challenging than most other parks as rocks have been spread along the sides of the road.
4. A peaceful walk through Brookside Gardens: These 50 acres of public gardens comprise of an Aquatic Garden, Azalea Garden, Rose Garden, Butterfly Garden and a Japanese style garden. There is also a horticultural reference library. Opening hours are: 9a.m. - 5p.m. for the visitors' center and 10am – 5pm for the conservatories. The gardens themselves are open from sunrise to sunset but are closed on Christmas and New Year's Day.
5. Visit White Oak: This community is home to various low-income families and also helps in serving the causes of the other under-privileged classes of society. The area was originally known for its Naval Ordnance Laboratory which closed in 1994.