Smyrna Car Rental Comparison
Smyrna is a city located in Cobb County, Georgia, United States of America. According to recent statistics, Smyrna has a population of approximately 50.000 residents, living on an area of exactly 16 square miles. Smyrna was settled in the first part of the 19th century. In the late 1830s, a religious gathering named Smyrna Camp Ground settled in the area and other people came later. The city made history when the first women mayor was elected. In 1946, Lorena Pace Pruitt won the mayor elections. Other notable residents of Smyrna include politician Bob Barr, Atlanta Braves player Ron Grant and Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts.
Top Attractions within Smyrna
Market Village is an important area of Smyrna, located in the city center. The attraction is the host of many concerts and community events of the city. If you plan to visit Smyrna, you may be part of one of the festivals held in this location through the year.
Smyrna Frame and Art Gallery is an art gallery located downtown Smyrna. Here, you have the opportunity to admire a large collection of wall decoration. Not just that, but an extended gallery of frames is also an important part in the top of the most interesting things you can see inside this Smyrna attraction.
Legacy Golf Links is an important golf course of Smyrna. The attraction is very appreciated by the locals, because of the challenging golf experience it offers. If you are not a fan of golf, you can try mini golf. After a day in the middle of the nature, you can enjoy a great meal inside the wonderful restaurant within this facility.
Blackstone is a top restaurant of Smyrna. The elegant eatery has a wonderful menu that includes steaks and fresh seafood. A fine wine selection is also available and can improve the whole dining experience.
5 Things You Must Do in Smyrna
Smyrna is situated in Cobb County, Georgia and is the birthplace of the famous Hollywood actress Julia Roberts. Atlanta is on the southern side of Smyrna with Smyrna being its closest suburb. The attractions here include many museums and parks.
1. Cobb Museums of Art: This museum is located in Atlanta Street and is the city's only museum which deals with the display of American Art. The museum houses works of art from the 19th and the 20th centuries. Regular art exhibitions are also organized by the museum.
2. Laurel Park: The Laurel Park is a major family recreation area that features ponds, playgrounds, and pavilions for the enjoyment of families. There are thirteen tennis courts, a basketball court, and a mile long track at the Park. The park is near the 120 highway.
3. The Smyrna Public Library: The library in Smyrna is run by the city itself and is only such library in the state. Smyrna citizens initially raised the necessary finances and for the city library's books and so the building has an important place in the community's hearts.
4. The Big Chicken: Part of the KFC chain, the Big Chicken is a 1963 statue which is fifty feet tall and constructed from local materials. It is open daily from 11am-8pm and there is also a gift shop selling souvenirs.
5. James Buice's Fly Fishing Only Guide Service: This trip takes visitors on a fishing tour to the different rivers of Smyrna including Tuckaseegee, Chattahoochee, Hiawassee and to the mountain streams in order to catch some delicious trout.