Finding a Cheap Car Rental in Solana Beach is Now Quick and Easy
Solana Beach is a sunny city located in San Diego County, California, United States of America. Solana Beach has an area of 4 square miles and a population of 13.000 residents, according to recent statistics. The area which is now called Solana Beach was settled by the Jones family in 1886. George H. Jones named it Lockwood Mesa, but in 1923, the name of the city changed to Solana Beach. If you want to visit this beautiful city, don't miss its amazing points of interest.
Reasons to visit Solana Beach with a car rental
Fletcher Cove is a beautiful area of Solana Beach. It includes a gorgeous beach where you can sunbathe or swim. In the same area you can enjoy a cocktail bar or, if you want to exercise, you can take advantage of the volleyball field nearby. This Solana Beach attraction is one of the hot spots of the city.
Galerie d'Art International is, as its name says, an international art gallery. It has wonderful art collections gathered from artists from all around the world. This is considered one of the best attractions of this kind in San Diego. If you are visiting Solana Beach and you want to admire interesting sculptures and classic paintings, pay a visit to this place.
Red Tracton's is a unique restaurant located in Solana Beach. The eatery is decorated in a 1950s style and includes a Steakhouse and a Supper Club. It is famous for the fine dishes it offers and for the rare wine selection.
Pamplemousse Grille is a French restaurant you can easily find at 514 Via de la Valle, Solana Beach. The atmosphere is elegant, but still casual and friendly. The dishes are fine and select and the wines delicious.
Blanca is a Spanish restaurant you can enjoy while visiting Solana Beach. The eatery is decorated with white, as "blanca" means "white" in Spanish, to give the impression of a large space. The food is extremely tasty. Our recommendation is to try the crusted porcini.
5 Things You Must Do in Solana Beach
Solana Beach is in the San Diego County, California and was once known as Lockwood Mesa. Situated on the Pacific Coast it has wonderful beaches and recreational facilities for the visitor to see and do.
1. Africa and Beyond: This a gallery of artifacts located on the 129 North Highway of Solana Beach city. The gallery houses artifacts from the villages of Africa and includes artifacts such as sculptures, basketry, and jewelry.
2. The California Dreamin' biplane or balloon trip: To explore the region from a bird's eye view visitors can take a ride with California Dreamin. Their balloons take visitors from Del Mar to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean and the town of Rancho Santa Fe.
3. Torrey Pines Golf Course: This golf course hosts the Buick Invitational in the PGA Tour. The 18-hole, par-72 golf course has scenic views of the Pacific Ocean from its cliffs.
4. Birch Aquarium at Scripps: The aquarium is an excellent educational center of marine life featuring more than 60 habitats. The main displays at the aquarium include corals, invertebrates of the oceans and the tide pool which shelters crustaceans. It also includes hands-on exhibits that showcase cutting-edge research discoveries. Opening hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
5. Baja California Mexico Lobster Tour: This tour goes across the Mexican border to Tijuana. It acquaints visitors with the culture and attractions of the area including the Tijuana Bullring, Tijuana zoo and the Cultural Center. The tour then goes to Puerto Nuevo Lobster Village with over 50 Puerto Nuevo style Lobster restaurants. Time for shopping is also included in the tour before heading back over the border. Tours run on Sundays only, departing at 10.00am from the Old Town Transit Center and returning around 8.00pm.