Solon is a city you can visit in Cuhayoga County, Ohio, United States of America. Solon is located near Cleveland and Ohio. It has a population of approximately 23.000 residents and an area of 20.6 miles. Solon is considered by Money Magazine one of the "Best Place To Live" in from the whole country. The history of the city begins in 1820, when the first settlers arrived in the area. The new city was named in honor of one of the son of one of them - Lorenzo Solon Bull. Other famous residents of Solon include Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer Michael Cartellone, rapper Kid Cudi and actor Robb Sapp.
Grantwood Golf Course is an 18-hole course located within the area of Solon. The course is beautifully maintained and it does not offer only the pleasure of golfing, but also amazing city views. This Solon attraction is appropriate for all skills levels golfers, which makes it even more interesting. The clubhouse includes a restaurant where you can taste the most delicious steaks.
Miles Farmers Market is located on Miles Road, in Solon. You can visit it daily and enjoy the wonderful fresh and natural products of this market whenever you want. This Solon attraction opened in 1971 and it was an instant success, locals loving the idea of having access all the time to fresh fruits and vegetables.
South Chagrin Reservation and Squaw Rock is a natural area located in Solon. If you want to spend some time in the middle of the nature, you can visit this beautiful part of the city. You can take long walks to admire the numerous species of birds or simply to take photographs of the beautiful surroundings.
Shuhei Hibachi Steak and Sushi House is a great restaurant of Solon. It is recognized for the delicious steaks and the tasty seafood dishes it offers. Sushi is the specialty of the house. If you order seafood, also ask for Samari sauce, which is absolutely wonderful.
The city of Solon is in Cuyahoga County and is located in northeast Ohio. Solon is noted for its recycling program, golf course and other attractions and takes its name after Lorenzo Solon Bull who was one of the descendents of the first settlers.
1. Grantwood Golf Course: This golf course is a par 71 18-hole golf course with finely maintained lawns and many bunker features. The course rolls through hills and trees so accuracy is a top priority for golfers. Banquet facilities are also available for large parties.
2. Severance Hall: Severance Hall is a recently renovated venue for concerts. It is famous for its technically advanced features and is considered the nation's most advanced concert hall. It is located on Euclid Avenue in Cleveland.
3. Cleveland Botanical Garden: This botanical garden was established in 1930 and has undergone extensive renovation work, now home to a large glasshouse where desert and forest environments are simulated. A number of gardens are featured including a children's garden, a Japanese garden and herb garden. The center also holds classes on all aspects of gardening and horticulture. Opening hours vary depending on the season.
4. Cleveland Museum of Art: The museum houses 70 galleries and over 40,000 art exhibits. Famous masterpieces such as The Thinker by Rodin, an Athenian bronze sculpture are on display at the museum. Opening hours are Tuesday to Sunday 10am – 5pm, Wednesday and Friday 10am to 9pm. Closed Mondays.
5. Cleveland Museum of Natural History: The popular museum has more than 5 million specimens and artifacts including dinosaur exhibits and a rock from the moon. Opening hours are Monday to Saturday 10am – 5pm, Sunday 12pm -5pm.