South Holland is a beautiful village that you can visit in Cook County, Illinois, United States of America. South Holland is also the seat of Thornton Township and is located near Harvey, Phoenix, Dolton, Thornton, Calumet and Lansing. South Holland was incorporated in 1894. In our time, the village has an area of 7.3 square miles and approximately 22.000 residents. South Holland became famous after author Edna Ferber earned a Pulitzer prize for her novel - So Big, in which the action is set in the city. Famous residents of South Holland also include musician Kevin Drumm and politician James Meeks.
Top Attractions within South Holland
Midwest Carvers Museum is the home of more than 1000 wood carvings. The splendid collection can be admired in South Holland. It was created by local and internationally famous artists. The museum also includes a gift shop where beautiful works of the local artists can be bought at very good prices.
South Holland Historical Society Museum is the historical museum of this great community. Inside this South Holland attraction you can find everything related to the settlement and the incorporation of the village. The lives of the early settlers are also depicted through various galleries and exhibitions of artifacts that belonged to them
Park Avenue Lanes is a hot spot of South Holland. Within this great attraction of the village you can play bowling, try new video games and eat. Before heading to this place, call for a reservation. The establishment can also be rented for special events.
Andy's Grill and Frozen Custard is a very appreciated fast food of South Holland. The restaurant is very well organized and the serving is prompt. The dishes are delicious and excellent. A great combo that you should try is the cheeseburger matched with the chocolate malt, a very tasty combination.
Located in Cook County in the state of Illinois, USA is the village of South Holland. The village is also the seat of Thornton Township. The village was originally a farming community, it has now specialized in vegetable growing, especially onion sets. The town is known as SoHo for short.
1. Van Oostenbrugge Historical Home: this ancient home is located on the 157th street. The house is still well maintained and has been classified as a historical building. It is surrounded by lush green lawns and forms a really nice scene for photos. For more information on variour sites in and around South Holland click on the link.
2. South Holland Historical Society Museum: this is one of the most important museums in the village of South Holland. The long building houses many artifacts from the bygone era and plays a major role in preserving the culture of the town.
3. River Oak Shopping Center: this is an enclosed Shopping center has a huge number of brands and other local vendors under its roof. The entire shopping center is lined with beautiful fountains and greenery. This is one of the major shopping stop for tourists as well as natives.
4. South Suburban genealogical and Historical Society: this is a research library for local and family history. The center is really strong in south suburb records, and also has records from all across US.
5. South Holland Community Center: the community center in South Holland has a preschool walking club and many other community services inside it. Sometimes the center is also rented out or it hosts certain special events.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at South Holland. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to South Holland||Directions to South Holland||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|