Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: BioSpirit Day Spa
#2 Thing to do: A Message of Tahoe
#3 Thing to do: Taylor Creek Visitor Center
Fun Fact: The Angora Fire that broke out last 2007 was the worst of its kind in South Lake Tahoe's history.
1. Emerald Bay State Park: on your visit to South Lake Tahoe make it a point to visit this park. This is the home of the Vikingsholm Castle, Fannett Island, the only island on Lake Tahoe, and an underwater state park.
2. Tallac Historic Site: is a national historic site. It includes three summer homes built by the rich and famous of California in the late 1800's early 1900's. The Pope Estate, the McGonagle mansion, and the Tallac Museum which houses the Baldwin family and casino exhibits
3. Vikingsholm Castle: built in 1939 it is a replica of older Scandinavian buildings from its intricately carved dragon beams to the sod roof. All of the furnishings are either Scandinavian or exact replicas of museum pieces in Scandinavia. The Castle is open to tours during the summer.
4. Eagle Falls: part of the original Vikingsholm Castle property it is the only water fall on Lake Tahoe. The lower Eagle Falls offers magnificent views of the falls and white sand beaches of Emerald Bay.
5. Stream Profile Chamber: is part of the Taylor Creek Visitor Center. The chamber allows visitors to view a diverted part of Taylor Creek through a floor-to-ceiling aquarium like window from where you can view fish and other inhabitants of the creek.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at South Lake Tahoe. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to South Lake Tahoe||Directions to South Lake Tahoe||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|