Spartanburg, South Carolina is the 4th largest city in its state, with over 37 thousand residents within its city limits and another 250 thousand people living in the metropolitan area around this city. Spartanburg is the 2nd biggest city in the northwestern area of South Carolina called “The Upstate” (behind Greenville), and is about 100 miles north of Columbia, 200 miles north of Atlanta, and 80 miles west of Charlotte.
Visitors to Spartanburg should know that since the turn of the century, the community leaders have made efforts to rejuvenate Downtown Spartanburg. Morgan Square has been remodeled, and several retail and service businesses – along with corporate headquarters – have relocated downtown. Advance America has headquarters here, as does the international Denny's restaurant chain. There is a new, nine-stories-tall Marriott. BMW has a major manufacturing site, at the west end of Spartanburg County. It manufactures the X5 SAV, X6 SAC and the next-generation X3 SAV for the world market.
If you're traveling to Spartanburg on a business trip, you may already know what an advantage it is to have your own car rental to drive around this fine city. At VroomVroomVroom we provide you with the lowest rental car rates available in the city, and you can also easily compare rates at the airport, or in other nearby cities such as Greenville. We are the experts in low cost car rental price comparison and we help people every day to book great rental cars at even better prices!
We want you to know that this is the only site you ever need to visit for car rental, when you're planning a vacation or business trip, and here's why:
Spartanburg is nicknamed The Hub City, Sparkle City, and The Burg, and its motto is Service Is Our Business. Spartanburg is a great place to spend a few days, since it will amaze you with its wide array of cultural and recreational opportunities.
The Hub City Farmers' Market is one of the main attractions in Spartanburg, since it gathers many people every Saturday morning from 6:00 AM to Noon during the Summer. Here, you'll be able to purchase local products and goods, many of which are organic and homemade.
Hollywild Animal Park is a popular place in Spartanburg, because it gives you the chance to spend a lovely day with your family and friends. The park features a wide range of wildlife, which children will particularly love to see. While you admire them, you'll also be able to enjoy popcorn and hot chocolates served by the staff.
Spartanburg County National Museum of History is the cultural institution which will give you the chance to learn more about the interesting history and rich culture of Spartanburg and its surrounding area. The museum features diverse exhibits and puts on display numerous artifacts, historical items and furnishings.
Ike's Korner Grille is a great restaurant in Spartanburg. The menu features a wide selection of foods and drinks that will satisfy every taste bud. You have to try Ike's amazing burgers! The atmosphere is great and the staff is really friendly. The service is impeccable, as well, so there's nothing in the way of you having a terrific dining experience.
The city of Spartanburg is the biggest city and the county seat of Spartanburg, South Carolina. It was rated by Relocate America as one of the “Top 25 Places to Live and Go to School 2007.” and is the only city in the state to be designated a Bicycle Friendly Community by the Washington-based League of American Bicyclists.
This city is proud of its heritage and has many attractions for the visitor.
1. Hub City Farmer's Market: The town's market is held on Saturday mornings from 7am to noon in the fields of the Magnolia Street Train Station. It operates during summer and fall only. Farmers bring their locally produced organic foodstuffs to sell at the market.
2. Greek Festival: The Greek population of Spartanburg holds this major festival in the fall and it is a great way to experience the food, fun and traditions of the Greek culture.
3. Spartanburg Museum of Art: The museum houses many permanent art collections and holds regular art exhibitions. Works by national and international artists are displayed. Periodically, the gallery gives presentations by artists for lovers of art. Opening hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10am-5pm and Thursday :10am-8pm. Weekends from 1pm-5pm. Closed on Mondays.
4. Spartanburg County Regional Museum of History: Full of local history this museum strives to educate and preserve the traditions of the region. Opening hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday 10am – 5pm, Thursday 10.00m – 8pm and Sunday 1.00 – 5pm.Closed on Mondays.
5. Science Center: Through its displays of collections and science educations programmes, the museum brings alive the magic of science and technology. Its aim is to create an awareness and respect for the environment in which we live and the word of science. The center covers topics such as astronomy, rocks and minerals, electricity, animals and the human body. Opening hours are from Monday to Friday, 1.00pm to 5.00pm.