The Riverfront area and Main Street is a focal point for the community. Here there are many shops, restaurants and offices where locals socialize and tourists frequent.
Some local attractions and recreation facilities for the visitor include:
1. St. Louis- Harrah's Casino: Situated in nearby Maryland Heights, this entertainment center has two casino featuring over 2,700 slot machines and video poker and a 21-table poker room. For more information on the Casino click on the link.
2. Demolition Ball: Located at Scherer Parkway, this unique game which combines football, hockey, basketball and polo with some bumper-car action. Live music, sound effects and referees are also included. Opening hours are from 2pm in the afternoon, closing times vary depending on the day.
3. Lewis & Clark Center: Visitors can get hands-on information relating to the past history of Missouri State. It features exhibits on Indian federations of tribes, and the equipment and materials used by explorers Meriweather Lewis and Willliam Clark for their overland expedition to the Pacific Coast (1804-1806).
4. Grand Prix karting: Situated on Highway 94 North, Grand Prix Karting has several race tracks and over 60-karts for children.
5. St. Charles Christmas Traditions: This is one of America's largest Christmas Festivals and lasts for around a month, from just after Thanksgiving until Christmas. People stroll through the town authentically dressed as traditional Christmas characters, Victorian carolers sing traditional carols and venders wander around the crowds selling fudge and hot chestnuts. The Lewis & Clark Fife and Drum Corps take part in the Santa Parade every Saturday and Sunday.