Pick Up a Reliable Car Rental in St George Car and Explore Utah
Saint George or "Utah's Dixie", how the city is affectionately nicknamed by the locals, is located in Washington County, Utah, United States of America. Saint George is the county seat and has a population of almost 75.000 residents. The area of the city is of 64.9 square miles. St. George was settled by Mormon leader Brigham Young, in 1861.
The name of the city was inspired by one of the apostles of the church. Saint George is famous for its vivid red land that bears this color because of the iron oxide. Notable natives of Saint George include basketball player John "Cat" Thompson, baseball pitcher Bruce Hurst, actress Amanda Righetti and actor Robert Adamson.
St. George is the country seat of Washington County, Utah and is a major access point to the nearby Zion National Park. It is known for its mild winter weather and temperate climate making it a popular haunt of golfing enthusiasts. Given its location, St. George has a lot to attract the visitor.
Saint George Art Museum and Store is located in a former warehouse of the town. This Saint George attraction offers visitors the possibility to admire great works of art of the local artists and temporary exhibitions of famous painters of sculptors, a few times a year. The museum has its own store and if you are impressed with one of the works of art that belongs to the institution, you can buy it.
Painted Pony is an upscale restaurant you can enjoy downtown Saint George. The classy establishment offers dishes of the local cuisine. A great atmosphere is given by the scenic city views you can admire from the restaurant and by the elegant decorations.
Mandarin Buffet is a family friendly restaurant. The plants and the relaxing music make this Saint George eatery very pleasant. The food is delicious and the best dishes of this Chinese restaurant are those based on chicken.
5 Things You Must Do in St George
1. Hike into the Color Country: Color Country is a hilltop resort town and popular tourist spot which is located at an altitude of 10,800 feet. Sporting enthusiasts can enjoy unlimited mountain biking and skiing throughout the year.
2. Play golf at one of the distinctive golf clubs: There are numerous year round golf courses in the area. Two of the most well known are Coral Canyon, a par 72, 18- hole club set amongst the beauty of the Zion National Park and the par 32, 9-hole Dixie Red Hills, St George's first golf course. Other nearby courses include Entrada, Bloomington Green Spring, Skymountain, Sunbrook and The Ledges.
3. Witness a piece of aviation history: The Southern Utah Air Museum offers the aviation enthusiast an opportunity to sit in the cockpit of some of the most remarkable aircraft of the last 50 years, including the B52 Stratofortress and a KC-97. The museum also has a large range of world class art prints featuring historic aviation battles such as Pearl Harbor and Desert Storm.
4. Take a Desert Voyage: High Desert Adventures offers kayaking, trekking, and rafting activities amongst within the national park.
5. Lean about local history and culture at the St. George Art Museum: This historical art gallery hosts a variety of local collections from art to handicrafts that are exhibited throughout the year. Museum hours are Monday - Saturday 10 am - 5 pm