St George Car Rental Comparison: Strike a deal and bag a cool car rental!
Fun Fact: St. George was named after George A. Smith who was a leader of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Top Attractions within Saint George
Saint George Art Museum and Store is located in a former warehouse of the town. This Saint George attraction offers visitors the possibility to admire great works of art of the local artists and temporary exhibitions of famous painters of sculptors, a few times a year. The museum has its own store and if you are impressed with one of the works of art that belongs to the institution, you can buy it.
Painted Pony is an upscale restaurant you can enjoy downtown Saint George. The classy establishment offers dishes of the local cuisine. A great atmosphere is given by the scenic city views you can admire from the restaurant and by the elegant decorations.
Mandarin Buffet is a family friendly restaurant. The plants and the relaxing music make this Saint George eatery very pleasant. The food is delicious and the best dishes of this Chinese restaurant are those based on chicken.
5 Things You Must Do in St George
St. George is the country seat of Washington County, Utah and is a major access point to the nearby Zion National Park. It is known for its mild winter weather and temperate climate making it a popular haunt of golfing enthusiasts. Given its location, St. George has a lot to attract the visitor.
1. Hike into the Color Country: Color Country is a hilltop resort town and popular tourist spot which is located at an altitude of 10,800 feet. Sporting enthusiasts can enjoy unlimited mountain biking and skiing throughout the year.
2. Play golf at one of the distinctive golf clubs: There are numerous year round golf courses in the area. Two of the most well known are Coral Canyon, a par 72, 18- hole club set amongst the beauty of the Zion National Park and the par 32, 9-hole Dixie Red Hills, St George's first golf course. Other nearby courses include Entrada, Bloomington Green Spring, Skymountain, Sunbrook and The Ledges.
3. Witness a piece of aviation history: The Southern Utah Air Museum offers the aviation enthusiast an opportunity to sit in the cockpit of some of the most remarkable aircraft of the last 50 years, including the B52 Stratofortress and a KC-97. The museum also has a large range of world class art prints featuring historic aviation battles such as Pearl Harbor and Desert Storm.
4. Take a Desert Voyage: High Desert Adventures offers kayaking, trekking, and rafting activities amongst within the national park.
5. Lean about local history and culture at the St. George Art Museum: This historical art gallery hosts a variety of local collections from art to handicrafts that are exhibited throughout the year. Museum hours are Monday - Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
5 Things You Must Do in Springdale
Springdale is a small town which lies at the southwest entrance to Utah's famous Zion National Park. The town has gained immense popularity as a tourist destination, in recent years as Springdale provides many travel services for the park including lodging and dining. Though the place is small, there are a number of activities to appeal to visitors.
1. Take a ride in the shuttle at Zion National Park: A convenient and practical way to see the area, the shuttles leave from various points in Springdale to take visitors the main places of interest within the park. Shuttles ply two different routes involving 6 or 9 stops. Travel on the shuttle is free and it is possible to get off and rejoin at any point. Shuttles run every 30 or 15 minutes (depending on the route) from 6.30am to 9.30pm
2. Have a thrilling experience at the Zion Canyon Giant Screen Theatre: Located next to the Zion National Park the theatre has a six-storey giant screen which showcases the film “Zion Canyon: Treasure of the God”. The theater also features popular movies and occasionally showcases live performances.
3. Enjoy a Tubing trip down the River Virgin: Take a relaxing 2 hour tubing trip down the River Virgin by renting a floating tube from Zion Tubing. The trip begins from Springdale and transfers to the park are included. Trips are available from mid-May to early September, weather permitting.
4. Go shopping at the Sol Food Market and Deli: The Sol Food Market is one of the most popular food markets in Springdale. It is a supermarket specializing in camping and deli supplies. This Deli has a panoramic view of the mountains and indoor and outdoor seating.
5. Enjoy a meal at the restaurants in Zion Park: There are a wide variety of restaurants to choose from around the park. Whilst the choice of cuisine is mainly burgers, pizza and pasta there is also a Thai restaurant called Thai Sapa, which is especially popular with tourists. Situated at the entrance to the Giant Screen Theater, Thai Sapa is not as central as many of the other restaurants in the town but is well worth a visit in order to experience exotic Thai cuisine.