Stafford is a beautiful city you can visit in Texas, in the Fort Bend and Harris counties. Stafford is a part of the Houston Sugar Land - Baytown area of the United States of America. In present, Stafford has approximately 15.000 residents and an area of 7 square miles. The city was established by William Stafford in 1830. He had a plantation in the area and a settlement called Stafford Point grew around it. In 1956, Stafford was incorporated as a city. If you want to visit it, there are some attraction that you should not miss.
Top Attractions within Stafford
Stafford Golf Center is a public golf course opened 7 days in a row. On this great course you can play all day long or, if you would rather skip the serious games and have fun with the family, you could choose mini golf. This Stafford hot spot is also child friendly and has inside the facility a restaurant offering fresh and delicious food every day.
Baldwin Home Museum is a history museum located in Stafford. It depicts the recent history of the city and one of its main topics is the development of Stafford in the last years. If you want to find out more about the city and previsions related to its future, take a guided tour and you will be delighted of it.
Fort Bend Theater is a local theater of Stafford, located in the Fort Bend County. The theater offers several productions through the year, appropriate for all the family. This is one of the most appreciated attractions in the Sugar Land area and it is perfect even for kids.
Sweet Tomatoes is an Italian restaurant located in Stafford. The eatery bases its menu on salads, soups and baked goods an is very successful thanks to the fresh food it serves daily. If you pay it a visit try the potato salad or the tomato soup, the specialties of the house.
Stafford city is situated in Texas State, surrounded by the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown Urban Area. Stafford is a primly a business district. Many large companies have their headquarters and depots in Stafford. Stafford also has no taxes on property.
1. Fort Bend Theater: The city of Stafford strongly supports arts. This theater is well known and has an active theater group, established by a non profit organization. It caters to provide wholesome family edutainment to adults, teens and kids. This theater conducts classes for aspiring musicians and actors.
2. Get back to nature: This city has 35 acres of greenery, devoted as Park territory. The city boasts 5 city parks with many more in the pipeline. A recent plan to build a public park featuring gazebos, playground, lake, equipment, jogging trails and picnic beaches is ongoing.
3. Play Golf at Southwyck Golf Club: This golf course has 18-holes stretching around 6914 yards. There are four sets of tees as well as 14 of the holes having water hazards make this golf course quite challenging even for the finest players. The clubhouse is friendly and has good facilities.
4. Visit the Houston Zoo: It is very close to Stafford city, this zoo is an extensive 55 lush estate and houses more than 3100 exotic species of animals. The zoo aims to promote conservation and knowledge of the natural world. The reptile house and aquarium are amongst many attractions including the children's zoo and African Wild Dogs.
5. Explore the Fort Bend County Library: It is a public library located inside the vicinity of Stafford. Visit the public library and learn more on Stafford. The library aims to provide an educational resource for the local community. Computers with internet access are available for public use and technology courses are run from the library for those wishing to widen their knowledge.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Stafford. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Stafford||Directions to Stafford||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|