Explore Sterling, Virginia with a reliable car rental booked through VroomVroomVroom. Sterling is located in the Loudoun County, in the State of Virginia. As a census-designated place, it has a growing population based on the expansion of the residential areas which numbers over 27,820 inhabitants. The initial establishments were farms, which were built in the region in the beginning of the 1960s. Nowadays, some very important institutions are based here, such as the National Weather Service Forecast Office.
Bowl America is located in Sterling. This is a professional facility, in which you can play bowling with your family and friends. The alley is opened for private parties, leagues and other activities.
The Regal Cinema is the best choice for entertainment in Sterling. Through the services provided here, you will have the chance to see all the best modern releases in terms of productions of the film industry. The theater also includes a snack bar for you to get everything that you need to make your screening more pleasant and comfortable.
The Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum offers visitors a chance to find out more about the initial development of Sterling. The first settlements made here were farms, which gives the community a large agricultural background. The collections of the museum revolve on presenting the remains of the first farms, through the help of pictures, documents and artifacts. The exhibits hosted focus on a more modern representation of the farms and on offering families a chance to introduce their children to farm animals.
The Claude Moore Park provides visitors and residents of Sterling with two major options for spending time during their free days. The first thing you may want to consider is the sporting part of the park. Here people can rent some courses and play private games. The available spaces are suitable for playing softball and baseball. The second element, which attracts many people to the park, is the natural area. In this particular part, you will have the chance to take up various trails, on which you will admire local exemplars of plants and maybe even catch a glimpse at some wildlife exemplars.
An unincorporated area in the suburb of Washington D.C, Sterling is located in the northwestern side of Herndon. Some of the places worth visiting at city are:
1. Visit the Algonkian Regional Park: This is the best place where the whole family can come together. The Park can be used as a perfect picnic destination or even for weddings. The park also features facilities such as 18 hole golf course, meeting center and driving range. The tourists can also enjoy fishing at the pond present at the park.
2. Go to the Loudoun Heritage Farm Museum: Exhibiting rural life and the agricultural history dating back to 300 years, the museum is also a place for researching, housing and collecting of antiques. It also features a farm house dating back to the 18th century.
3. Enjoy playing at the Dulles Golf Center and Sports Park: The place where the tourists can get to play different games featuring golf to batting. This place can be even used for organizing various parties. Facilities like pavilion and catering services are also provided at the park.
4. Visit the Butt's Tubes Company: The company arranges several inexpensive and cheap trips in the nearby rivers. They provide the tourists with all kinds of amenities and accessories that will be required for the sailing purpose. Kayak canoes are some of the things that are provide by the company.
5. Experience the charm of Christmas on Purcellville: The tourists can travel to Purcellville during Christmas and enjoy the parade and shopping at the various hops in Purcellville. Various small ceremonies are also the center of attraction of the tourists.