Stevens Point Car Rental Comparison
Stevens Point is located in the Portage County, in the State of Wisconsin. As the county seat, Stevens Point is also the largest city in the county and it has a micropolitan area formed around it. The population of Stevens Point reaches approximately 26,720 inhabitants. The city of Stevens Point was incorporated in 1858.
Top Attractions within Stevens Point
The Backwaters Paddle Quest is a competition challenge, which takes place on the Wisconsin River, in Stevens Point. Each year, the event is held during the second week of August. The participants must take on the river for two days, meet several checkpoints and encounter some characters, which are part of the ongoing storyline of the competition. The checkpoints are also filled with other games and trials for the competitors. It is a fun activity for those involved and an interesting show for those witnessing it.
The Green Circle Trail is a designated path around and through Stevens Point, which can be taken up on bicycle or for jogging. The trail was designed to meet the needs of those trying to work out in an outdoor environment. The trail through the city will allow you to pinpoint other locations of interest for your trip. The portion out of city limits will be great due to the natural landscapes and serene locations for exercising.
The Wisconsin Main Street Community is the name given to the downtown area of Stevens Point. The street is paved with a variety of opportunities for you to take on, such as restaurants and shops. Taking a walk through the Wisconsin Main Street Community will allow you to notice all the places you would like to visit, to eat at the best restaurants and to shop for souvenirs and other objects. For younger people, this is were the major nightlife attractions are located on the so-called area "the Square".
The Schmeeckle Reserve is a natural habitat preserved of the University of Wisconsin, in Stevens Point. The location was built around the man-made Lake Joanis and it includes a variety of possibilities through which you can admire plants and animals.
Top 5 Things to Do in Stevens Point
Known as the largest city it is located at the central part of the state of Wisconsin. The city is the most convenient stopping place for the ships as the river bends a little at the shore. Thus, this place is very important keeping in mind the trading activity that it facilitates.
1. Visit the Koerten Gallery: The gallery offers to the tourist a wide array of art displays that range from traditional to contemporary. Opened round the whole year the gallery is the best place if the tourists want to collect some nice art work. The gift store present at the gallery too offers some nice collection of art.
2. Enjoy at Stevens Point Green Circle: Popular for its pictorial view and beautiful surroundings, this is the place where the tourists can enjoy bike riding and even jogging. The circle has many trails that make the biking even more enjoyable and easy.
3. Spent sometime at Wisconsin River Golf Club: Offering the tourists with an 18 hole golf course the club is famous for extraordinary facilities. Featuring bars, driving ranges, pro shops and club houses, it is a heaven for the tourists.
4. Go for a outing at Iverson Park: Equipped with all kinds of facilities, the park can be visited throughout the year. In the winter the tourists can enjoy at the sledding hill and the various building used for parties and meetings. The summers are equally entertaining and full of fun.
5. Spent a day at Standing Rocks Park: Full of entertainment the park is the place where the tourists can engage in activities like skiing in the winter season.