Streamwood Car Rental Comparison
Streamwood is the name of a beautiful village waiting to be visited in Cook County, Illinois, United States of America. Streamwood is a large locality, with 7.3 square miles and 40.000 residents and is a suburb of Chicago. It was incorporated relatively recently, on February 9, 1957 and is an important part of the "Tri Village" area in the state, togerther with Bartlett and Hanover Park. Streamwood is a village of park and libraries and if is to quiet for you to settle in it, at least you should pay it a visit, because it is a charming place.
Top Attractions within Streamwood
Poplar Creek Public Library District and Sonya Crawshaw Branch was created in 1966. It was initially located in a small store in Streamwood, but in time, it needed more place, so, a building was constructed on Park Avenue. In present, this Streamwood library has a collection of more than 250.000 materials including books, periodicals, newspapers, CDs and DVDs.
Sunny Hill Park is located at 1400 Irving Park Road, downtown Streamwood. The park is great if you want to spend some time out in the nature, admiring the scenic views of Streamwood and enjoying the recreational possibilities. In this park you can skate, play basketball or tennis and take walks on the wonderful nature trails.
Bo Mei is for Streamwood more than a restaurant, it is a landmark of the city. The international eatery opened in Streamwood more than 28 years ago and still has a great success. The recipe for it? Delicious food, mostly Chinese and creative cocktails. Our recommendation is to try Shrimp Egg Fu Young and Bo Mei Fried Rice.
A Slice of Italy will offer you not just a slice of pizza, but a whole wonderful and tasty pizza, or more, if you want so. The eatery has the best pizza in Streamwood and also offers other delicious dishes of the Italian cuisine.
Five Things You Must Do in Streamwood
The village of Streamwood lies in the Cook County of the state of Illinois, United States. This Chicago suburb village constitutes the Tri Village of the county. The incorporation of the settlement as a village took place in the year 1957.
1. Cantigny Park: This Park is located on Winfield Road, Wheaton; the park has museums and fabulous open spaces for recreation. A Robert R. McCormick Museum houses antique pieces the McCormick family collected. The other two museums here are the Freedom Museum and the First Division Museum.
2. Shop to your hearts content: Shopping is yet another must do in the village of Streamwood. There are five malls that surround the place and the Woodfield Mall is the nearest mall where visitors can shop. All the other malls are nearby the village and visitors can easily travel there. You can find all the most popular stores and facilities here.
3. Poplar Creek Public Library: The library of the village houses books for all age groups. Thousands of books catering to different readers are available at the library. This library also offers educational and recreational programmes and services.
4. Party at the Summer Celebration: The village of Streamwood arranges summer celebrations each year and there is a different theme in each of the celebrations. The celebration is marked by events such as Summer Celebration Parade, Ducky Raffle, Carnival and lot more.
5. The Morton Arboretum: This Park of trees is spread over an area of 1,700 acres and has many attractions for all ages. There are a range of walks through the park for all abilities. A model railroad is also a popular attraction. Wood sculptures can also be seen here by local artists.