Stuart, Florida is one of the cities on “the Treasure Coast” near Port St. Lucie. Home to about 16 thousand residents, Stuart is a popular tourist destination with a lot of fun attractions and cool sights to see! Various Stuart businesses are geared towards tourists, including charter boats and cruises, fishing charters, sailing, scuba diving and snorkeling, and tours of nature areas. Stuart's nickname is the “Sailfish Capital of the World”, because many of them live in the nearby ocean.
If you're traveling to Stuart and you need a cheap rental car to drive around this gorgeous Florida town, VroomVroomVroom can help you book the perfect car rental today from Avis, Budget, Enterprise, or Hertz in Stuart, at the best rate. We are the experts in car rental comparison, and we help travelers heading for Stuart every day to find cars, trucks and SUVs they want to drive – at the best prices anywhere!
Although there is a public airport in Stuart (Witham Field), travelers flying to Stuart will often land at one of the larger, major airports nearby, such as Palm Beach International Airport in West Palm Beach (airport code: PBI) or St. Lucie County International Airport in Fort Pierce (airport code: FPR). Palm Beach International is located about 40 miles south of Stuart, while St. Lucie County International is a drive via rental car of about 30 miles north. Both airports are serviced by several of the major car rental companies, and you can always find the best prices right here for a local car rental in Fort Pierce, West Palm Beach or Stuart.
Shrimper's Grill and Raw Bar is an amazing outdoor dining located near Stuart. The menu is various and the food is great. The atmosphere is also nice and the prices are very reasonable. A few people arrive by boat and then have a meal at this restaurant. They will be amazed by huge sandwiches and plates of jambalaya, as well as reubens. This restaurant in Stuart is great for enjoying a night out with family and friends, but also for a romantic date. The view is fantastic, so this place is a must try for anyone who visits Stuart.
Stuart Heritage Museum is a history museum, housing many exhibits and documents which were important for the history of this place. The historic building which hosts the museum was built in 1901 by George W. Parks. Here, are displayed over 10,000 artifacts from the 1880's to the 1950's. A visit to this amazing museum represents a wonderful history lesson, so it is highly recommended. Tourists have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the history of this place and find out more about it.
Colonial Towne Park is located near Stuart and is one of the most wonderful amusement places in the area. It is a non-stop fun and relaxation provider. This facility is the place where lots of people, both adults and children, come to have fun together and relax. They are amazed by so many fun opportunities and have the chance to get rid of problems and stress. Families choose this place to spend time together and socialize.
Stuart city is in the Martin County of Florida and lies on the Treasure Coast area of Florida. The city has a cosmopolitan mix of people which makes it an interesting and varied place to visit.
1. The Elliott Museum: The museum is located on Ocean Boulevard and the museum honors Sterling Elliott the father of the man who built the museum. There are numerous items that were invented by the father and the son and also their other possessions. The dazzling views of the sea are to be enjoyed from the museum. The local area and the history of Florida come alive through the many exhibits of the museum.
2. Pelican Island: This Island is the first National Wildlife Refuge and visitors can view the wildlife from the observation tower or take a boat ride. Nature lovers find this place most interesting and it is very popular.
3. House of Refuge: This house is situated on the MacArthur Boulevard in Stuart and dates back to the year 1875. This is the oldest building of the county, which was used by the people who found themselves the victims of shipwrecks. All the shipwrecks of the area have also been recorded at this house.
4. Rapids Water Park: is the place to chill out with your family and kids. The park has 18 water slides, a wave pool of 25,000 sq ft., a rain forest, and the park's attraction the Big Thunder.
5. Towne Park: is a community of condominiums having six buildings, this site in the central part of the town of Stuart. The site is worth exploring for its facilities and its closeness to other places of interest in the town. It houses a variety of interesting shops including a pharmacy, internet cafe, bakery and supermarket. It also has a clubhouse and swimming pool.