Sugar Land Car Rental Comparison
Sugar Land is a beautiful city located in Texas, United States. Situated in Fort Bend County, Sugar Land has an area of 24.9 square miles and a population of more than 78,800 residents, as the 2010 census indicated. Sugar Land is one of the most important cities in the area, also being the fastest-growing city in the state of Texas. Sugar Land was founded as a sugar plantation, in the 20th century, the city being incorporated in 1959. A large city, an important economical center and the home of Imperial Sugar, Sugar Land also is a popular destination for tourists arriving from all around the state.
Top Attractions within Sugar Land
The Sugar Land Town Square is the most important tourist attraction of the city. This is an entertainment district featuring numerous restaurants, cafes and shopping centers, but also a public plaza. Everyone can find recreational options in this place. The Sugar Land Town Square also hosts many important events of the city, including festivals and concerts.
The First Colony Mall is an important shopping venue in Sugar Land. In fact, this is the biggest mall in the area, including more than 130 stores. The mall has both indoor and outdoor facilities.
Japaneiro's Sushi Bistro & Latin Grill is a great Sugar Land restaurant. The food served in this spot is always fresh and delicious, while the staff is very fast and friendly. The restaurant is unique when it comes to decor, atmosphere and also food specialties.
The City Park is one of the most beautiful parks located in Sugar Land. The venue is great to visit for a relaxing afternoon in a beautiful place, buy the City Park is also popular due to the numerous recreational opportunities it hosts. Facilities of the park include a pool, baseball fields, a football area, a skate park, tennis courts, a playground, picnic tables, but also picnic shelters and restrooms. Other amenities of the park include a sand volleyball area and bike trails.
Five Things You Must Do in Sugar Land
The city of Sugar Land is in the state of Texas and it is located along the Gulf Coast. Sugar land is in the Ford Bend County. The city is tagged as the fastest growing cities of the state of Texas. The incorporation of the city took place in the year 1959 and the name originates from its early history when its main industry was the sugar plantations found here.
1. Town Square of Sugar Land: A visit to this square is a must while in the city because it is the center of entertainment of the city and the county. The square is dotted with many cafes, restaurants, places for shopping, the Sugar Land City Hall, public plaza and other such places. The festivals and other important events take place here and hence it is an important attraction for visitors.
2. Houston Zoo: The Houston Zoo is located at the Hermann Park. The 55 acre zoo shelters over five hundred varieties of animal species. The range of wildlife is extensive and you can find many species of animals including those native to America. A gift shop and cafe are amongst the extensive facilities.
3. Shop at the First Colony Mall: The First Colony Mall is a big mall featuring parking garages, outdoor activities, and there are more than 130 stores where you can shop to your hearts content. All of the well known stores can be found here.
4. Contemporary Art Museum Houston: This art museum is a good place to visit to broaden your knowledge of art and view some masterpieces. There are changing exhibitions of the local, national and international art at the museum.
5. Teenstock Music Festival: is held annually and the First Colony Association sponsors the event featuring local and national artists. It is worth checking the listings for particular artists and pre-booking tickets for this popular event.