Sunny Isles Beach is located in the Miami-Dade County, in the State of Florida. The city of Sunny Isles Beach is placed on a barrier island and it has access to the Atlantic Ocean. The population of Sunny Isles Beach reaches over 20,830 inhabitants. The first establishments of the Sunny Isles Beach region date back to the 1920s, but the actual community was formed much later on and is nowadays turning into a resort type of city.
Top Attractions within Sunny Isles Beach
The Timo Restaurant and Bar provides the best dinning and drinking menus in Sunny Isles Beach. The cuisine is Mediterranean and Italian, including meals made with local species of fish, pastas and pizza. The venue includes a wide dinning area and a suitable bar. During the summer you can serve your meal on the outdoor terrace, for a more relaxing and pleasant atmosphere.
The Pelican Community Park is the place where you will have the possibility to take on all your favorite sports in Sunny Isles Beach. The grounds include a variety of sports fields, which can be rented out for trainings, private games and small competitions. You can play baseball, soccer, basketball, softball, volleyball and football. The Pelican Community Park includes the local community center in which you will find even more sportive opportunities.
The Newport Fishing Pier is one of the landmarks of the Sunny Isles Beach community. The pier has a great value for people living here, as it is the perfect place for fishing and for leisure activities. A walk around the pier will provide you with a peaceful activity and will give you the chance to admire many amazing views. During the summer nights, the Newport Fishing Pier comes alive in colors and music everywhere.
The Samson Oceanfront Park is another great outdoor area which you will appreciate in Sunny Isles Beach. The park is suitable for people looking to find a place where their children can play, while they can relax. The park has an ocean view, which will make your leisure time spent here even more peaceful and serene.
Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on the eastern side, the isle is situated at the barrier island on the northwester side of the Miami country. The presence of the various Russian stores makes the area very popular among the Russian community in the southern part of Florida. Sometimes the city is also called the Little Moscow because of the presence of the Russian migrants. The city is currently experiencing a boom as many investors are coming up with new ideas and ventures to built resorts and other places.
1. Go to the Biscayne National Park: A perfect place for water sports, ninety percent of the park is covered by water. The tourists can indulge in activities like scuba diving, canoeing, boating and even kayaking.
2. Visit the Heritage Park: This is a multi usage facility that is spread over an area of about 4 acres. It provides facilities like government offices, parking and even recreational activities.
3. Enjoy Scuba Diving at Miami Beach: The beach has been filled with dive-able wrecks that make it a good experience. These beaches have been provided with artificial reefs that have been made out of old cargo ships, army tanks etc.
4. Relax at the Newport Beachside Resort: Located at the beach itself, the resort is the place where the tourists can engage in various recreational facilities that are provided whilst enjoying the spectacular views of the beach and sea.
5. Have fun in the Everglades National Park: This world famous National park makes an ideal location for the weekend, tourists can enjoy camping and exploring the many waterways led by specialist guides along with many other activities at the park.