Offering the best that Texas has to offer, Texarkana offers stunning combination of historical heritage and modern entertainment. With forests, plains, lakes and streams, natives and visitors alike are always kept busy. That's why a car rental is the best way to get around this area and VroomVroomVroom can help you find a vehicle that will suit your budget and needs.
Did you know that Texarkana is a composite name of three states (Texas, Arkansas and Louisiana)?
#1 thing to do: Tex-Ark Antique Auto Museum
#2 thing to do: Paradise Club
#3 thing to do: Texarkana Post Office and Federal Courthouse
Fun Fact: The movie The Town That Dreaded Sundown was inspired by the Texarkana Moonlight Murders.
1. Check out the Historic Perot Theatre: Want to see modern dance or listen to jazz? Visit the Perot Theatre! Want to see a Broadway play or listen to the orchestra play classical music? Visit the Perot Theatre! Former presidential candidate H. Ross Perot and his sister restored the old building to her former splendor and have turned it into a major performing arts center.
2. Visit Lake Wright Patman: Boredom is not in the vocabulary of a Texarkanan when there are places like Lake Wright Patman to visit. Offering fishing, hiking and camping, the area offers the best of the outdoors.
3. State Line Post Office: What's so special about visiting a Post Office? Find out when visiting the State Line Post Office and Federal Building on State Line Avenue. This special Post Office actually lies in two different states! One side sits in Texas, while the other half sits in Arkansas! Go figure!
4. See the Ace of Clubs House: This poker house actually has 22 sides. Each room in the house is decorated and represents a period of history.
5. Visit the Regional Arts Center: What used to the region's courthouse is now the regional Arts Center, which these days caters not to lawyers but national art exhibits. There's always something on display in this historic building, every month of the year.