The Colony is located in the state of Texas, and it is one of the many suburbs of Dallas, with a total population of 26.531, according to the 2000 census. The Colony is home to the 5 Star Athletic Complex, which was completed in 2003. Before 1969, The Colony did not exist. Home developers searched for a place where they would set up a group of single family homes, grouped as a colony. That is where the name of the suburb comes from. The Colony grew significantly since then and it has become an ideal holiday destination for short vacations and weekend getaways.
Top Attractions Within The Colony
Hawaiian Falls Adventure Park is the perfect place in The Colony, where you can have a lot of fun with your family and friends. there are many rides to choose from: roller coasters, water slides, laser tag, paintball and arcades. If you are tired after a fun filled ride, you can always relax at one of the many restaurants and the snack bars, where you can enjoy a satisfying meal or a cool beverage.
Stans Lakeview Taphouse and Grill
Mexican Restaurant is a wonderful eating venue in The Colony, where you can enjoy authentic Mexican food. The hacienda-style decor and the scenic lake views of The Colony provide the ideal setting for anyone to enjoy the finest authentic Tex-Mex food in the Dallas area. The Restaurant features fresh home made tortillas, delicious hot sauce, savoury fajitas, tasty seafood and many more.
Stans Lakeview Taphouse and Grill is another great eating spot in The Colony. The venue has one of the biggest outdoor patios in north Texas, seating over 150 people. There are 20 viewable TVs from any seat from the dining room or the bar. The bar is equipped with an Internet based jukebox complete with over 300.000 songs. Stans is the place where you can enjoy authentic Texas food, as well as as drinks and a lot of fun.
The Colony is a great location to anyone who loves the outdoors, as well provides community centers and recreation departments to enhance social life among others.
1. Check out the Community Center: The Colony Community Center is a great way to meet new people, play games and partake in activities. Activities to enjoy include; sewing, quilting and games as well as monthly excursions.
2. Play sports: In 2003, The Colony opened up one of the premier youth sports facilities in the United States, and is home to multiple baseball, football, soccer and softball fields. If you like hiking or bike riding, there are almost 1.3 miles of trails for your enjoyment.
3. Enjoy nature: Located within The Colony are two lake parks located on Lake Lewisville's eastern shore. Hidden Cove Park and Stewart Creek Park offer camping, fishing, boating as well as a perfect location to just relax.
4. Slide in to the Water Park: Who doesn't love a water park? The new eight acre location, Hawaiian Falls Adventure Park, is perfect for families and can be an exciting experience, or just a lazy day at the pool
5. Golf in Scotland: The Tribute at The Colony pays its respect to some of the great Scottish golf courses by designing an 18-hole course around some of the most famous links in Scotland. The Tribute also features a Scottish-style clubhouse that provides banquet and meeting rooms, as well as a restaurant, Pro Shop and a pub.