Booking a Reliable Car Rental in The Woodlands is Now Quick and Easy
The Woodlands is a master planned community located in Texas, with a population of 93.847 residents. Much of The Woodlands is located in the city of Houston's extraterritorial jurisdiction, but small portions of the development extend into the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Shenandoah. The Woodlands was dedicated by George Mitchell in 1974 was managed by The Woodlands Corporation as an extension of Mitchell Energy and Development. Mitchell started to establish conference centres, hotels, office parks, retail malls, schools and large distribution centres. The Woodlands is an ideal holiday destination for people who want to relax.
Top Attractions Within The Woodlands
Riva Row Boathouse Kayaking is located along The Woodlands Waterway across from Town Green Park. Here, tourists have the chance to rent a kayak and stroll down the river. Everything you need is provided right there: the kayaks, the life jackets and the paddles. Fun for you anhd your family or friends is guaranteed.
Jasper's is a great eating venue in The Woodlands, whose chef has designed a menu that is impossible to beat. The menu displays an array of delectable comfort foods brought to perfection with gourmet style. From exquisite European food to exotic Asian and all-American dishes, Jasper's provides you with the best food and desserts in town. The restaurant has also got a fine selection of wines you can choose from.
Brio Tuscan Grille in The Woodlands invites you to gather with friends and family to experience the flavours of Tuscany without leaving the country. The menu features high quality steaks, pastas, flatbreads and seafood. Brio brings the pleasures of the Tuscan country villa to the American city. Here, you can escape the pressures of urban life and enjoy La Dolce Vita.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse Wine Bar in The Woodlands, Texas is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. Some of the other specialities are the chocolate cake lava, lobster tails, the baked potatoes and the onion rings. There are even smaller portions for the children of the same delicious dishes.
5 Things You Must Do in The Woodlands
The Woodlands of Texas is part of a planned community located on the outskirts of Houston. Considered mostly a "bedroom community", The Woodlands nevertheless has a wide variety of events, attractions and places to visit. Indoors or outdoors, The Woodlands offers the best of both worlds to residents and travelers alike.
1. See the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion: This attraction is open seasonally, from April through November. The location is a popular attraction for rock concerts as well as art and children's festivals.
2. Visit Woodlands Mall: You haven't gone shopping until you've checked out the Woodlands Mall. More than 200 stores are sure to please everyone in your family or group.
3. Visit The Woodlands Children's Museum: Kids love to touch, and The Woodlands Children's Museum encourages hands-on exploration in their vast number of exhibits that range from germs to dinosaurs. Located in the Upper Level of the Woodlands Mall, this is a must-see stop!
4. Relax with The Woodlands Symphony Orchestra: That's right, The Woodlands has its own symphony! For over a decade, the strings, horns and graceful direction of their maestro has delighted residents and visitors at the Nancy Bock Performing Arts Center located at McCullough Junior High School.
5. Visit Tinseltown: No, we don't mean Hollywood. We mean Tinseltown, located at The Woodlands. Don't know which movie to watch? Decide among the 17 theatres at The Woodlands Town Center, all with stadium seating and great, seat-shaking sound systems.