Thief River Falls Car Rental Comparison
Thief River Falls is a lovely city that you can visit in Pennington County, Minnesota, United States of America. Thief River Falls is also called Thief River or TRF. It is a small city, with only 8500 residents and an area of 5 square miles. Thief River Falls is the county seat of Pennington. The city was named thanks to its geographic features, as the Red Lake River meets the Thief River within its area. The translation means “stolen land river” and comes from the Dakota Indians that used to live in the area where Thief River Falls is nowadays located.
Top Attractions within Thief River Falls
LaBree Avenue is a hot spot of the community of Thief River Falls. Most businesses in town started on this avenue and the street also is the host of various events through the year. The festivals held on LaBree include Crazy Days and Great American Block Party. This unusual Thief River Falls attraction is considered a landmark of the city since its settlement in 1896.
Pennington County Historical Society is the historical museum of Thief River Falls, depicting not only the life of this small community, but also of the other cities surrounding it that belong to Pennington County. The society was created in the 1930s and its purpose is to preserve the heritage of the town and to teach the young locals the customs of this old American community.
China King is the best Chinese restaurant in Thief River Falls. It is located on 3rd Street East and is famous for having the best Asian food that is always served by the friendly staff with a smile. The portions are large and the atmosphere is relaxed.
Dee's Kitchen is a family business and a great restaurant of Thief River Falls. At Dee's, clients can serve only dishes of the American cuisine, deliciously prepared and served in a great manner.
5 Things You Must Do in Thief River Falls
This town is filled with activities all year round, with recreation and wildlife to enjoy, or visiting the local attractions and museums. Home of the Arctic Cat snowmobile, Thief River Falls has something for everyone.
1. Explore a historic village: Go back in time at Peder Engelstad Pioneer Village. 19 original building to the area are still standing, complete with a museum, railroad depots, Victorian homes and much more. This Village allows the public to go on a historic walking tour of northern Minnesota's pioneer roots.
2. Tour the Arctic Cat: The world famous snowmobile, Arctic Cat has been manufactured right in Thief River Falls for over 35 years. Listed in the book of top plant tours, check out how this mode of recreational transportation is made. Tours are free and offered during weekdays.
3. Sip some Wine: Visit one of Minnesota's northern winery and vineyard, Two Fools Vineyard & Winery and taste some of the season best grapes and fruit harvest. Specialty wines are made with traditional European heritage, and use fruits, rhubarb and other berries to make unique wines.
4. Try your hand at curling: Never played before? Check out the Thief River Falls Curling Club to slide granite stones on ice, and finish off the day with a meal from the Club's restaurant.
5. Enjoy Wildlife: Any animal or nature lover must be sure to take a tour with the Wetlands, Pines and Prairie Audubon Sanctuary. 800 acres of trails, wetlands and waterways bring you up close and personal with the many animals and birds located in the Sanctuary.