Low Priced-Thornton Car Rental Comparison
Did you know that Thornton was named in honor of Former Colorado Governor Dan Thornton?
Best way to travel: Car
#1 thing to do: Trailside
#2 thing to do: Thorncreek Golf Course
#3 thing to do: X-Treme Fun
Fun Fact: Larkridge is home to national anchor tenants, big box retailers, restaurants, and has a pedestrian village.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
5 Things You Must Do in Thornton
Thornton is home to popular attractions within the State of Colorado, including an indoor wave pool and one of the largest retail shopping centers in the northern part of the state, Larkridge.
1. Play some golf: Located in Thornton is Thorncreek, an 18 hole public gold course that contains a Pro shop, driving range, putting green and restaurant. An on-site pro can also be there to perfect your game, or just offer advice.
2. Enjoy a festival: Thornton's annual celebration, Thorntonfest, is a festival for the community to recognize the incorporation of the city. More than 38,000 people visit this festival annually, and it features arts & crafts, food and a variety of entertainment.
3. Take in a performance: The cities Community Services Department presents performances in the park through various locations in the city. Events ranging from R&B to Bluegrass are just a taste of the music that is played. Perfect for a picnic, sit back with family and enjoy the evening entertainment.
4. Play in the Recreation Center: The center located in Thornton is a state of the art facility that offers numerous amenities and opportunities to have some fun. From the indoor wave pool to the exercise equipment and gym, there is no limit to the activities that can be enjoyed.
5. Enjoy the Senior Center: All seniors 55 and over have the chance to spend time at the Thornton Senior Center. Offering educational or recreational programs, hosting holiday event and dances, the senior center is a great location for people to socialize and have a good time.