Compare Rates to Find a Reliable Car Rental in Thousand Oaks
Explore more of what Thousand Oaks has to offer with a rental car. VroomVroomVroom lets you compare deals from major car rental suppliers, including Hertz, Avis, Enterprise and Budget. A search box is conveniently located on top of this page, making it easier for you to search and compare rates. Just enter very basic information about your travel plans, and we'll do the hard work for you.
Located in southeastern Ventura County, Thousand Oaks was named after the numerous oak trees that grow in the area, and is even represented in the City Seal. Nearest cities and suburbs in Thousand Oak that are also worth visiting include Simi Valley, Malibu, Camarillo, Santa Paula, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Santa Monica, Santa Clarita, San Fernando and Beverly Hills.
Why rent a car in Thousand Oaks with VroomVroomVroom?
There are several advantages you'll enjoy when you book your car rental with us. Here are just a few of them.
- People book with us because there's never a booking fee!
- We don't have modification fee.
- You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- We can help you save time and more importantly, save money on your car rental!
- Best rates are guaranteed! Check out our Price Promise page to get the details.
- Our friendly customer care experts are always willing to help. Contact us today via phone call, email or live chat.
Best time to visit Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks enjoys a sunny summer climate, with dry summers and mild winters with slight rainfall. It also has pretty cooler temperatures than the neighbouring areas, since it receives cooler air from the ocean over mountain passes.
Driving tips in Thousand Oaks
The driving time from Thousand Oaks, CA to Santa Monica via US-101 S and I-405 S should not be longer than 45 minutes (36.4 miles) or less if you drive non-stop via rental car. Thousand Oaks, CA and Beverly Hills, CA are approximately 45 minutes (35 miles) via US-101 S or less in a rental car. First time to drive in Thousand Oaks or across the U.S.? Read our Most Helpful Tips for Visitors Driving in the USA to get more information.
5 Things You Must Do in Thousand Oaks
1. Enjoy the theatre: The largest performing arts center between Los Angeles and San Francisco, The Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza's Countrywide Performing Arts Center is home to many entertaining plays and music performances.
2. Smell the roses: The Conejo Valley Botanic Garden is 33 acres of foliage in Thousand Oaks, California. It has over 60 types of salvia, 10 of these are native species to California. A rare fruit collection made up of trees from over 30 countries is also available for public enjoyment.
3. Listen to the radio: Established in 1984 through the Thousand Oaks Library Foundation, the American Radio Archive is home to manuscripts, recordings, books and photos of the history of radio and broadcasting. This exhibit is still considered a special collection by the library.
4. Go shopping: A two level regional shopping mall, The Oaks is midway from downtown Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Under renovation, the mall is 1.1 million square feet and has many stores for all types of shopping.
5. Go back to school: California Lutheran College, founded in 1959 made its home on farmland given by one family of Scandinavian immigrants that populated the hills known today as Thousand Oaks. The Scandinavian influence is still with the school, and each spring a cultural festival is on campus for a weekend.