Tigard Car Rental Comparison
VroomVroomVroom can help you find a cheap car rental in Tigard by comparing deals from major brands, including Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Enterprise. Just filter your search by price to easily find the vehicle with the lowest rate then book in an instant. Using our website will definitely save you time and money!
Tigard is a city located in the beautiful Washington County of Oregon. The city was incorporated in 1961 and together with Beaverton and Tualation is an important part of the Portland metropolitan area. Former or present notable residents of Tigard include writer Margaret Bechard, skier Sammy Carlson, basketball player Kevin Duckworth, politicians Mike Erickson and Larry Galizio and actress Kaitlin Olson. Tigard is a lovely city and if you want to visit it, you should know more about its main points of interest.
Benefits of booking a car rental in Tigard at VroomVroomVroom
- Zero booking and modification fees
- More pick up and drop off location options
- More vehicle choices
- Instant confirmation
- Best car rental rates
Best time to visit Tigard
The peak tourist season in Tigard and the rest of the Portland metropolitan area is from June to August, when the weather is warm thus allowing visitors to explore the outdoors better. Make sure to book a car rental and hotel a couple of months before your planned visit to take advantage of cheaper rates. Not to be missed during the summer break is the Festival of Balloons in Tigard, which is held every month of June.
Driving tips in Tigard
The main freeways in Tigard are the Interstate 5 and Oregon Route 217 while other major highways are the Oregon Route 99W and Oregon Route 210. Make sure to keep your speed under 55 mph since speed limits vary on interstate highways. The speed limit, if not otherwise marked, in business districts is 20 mph and residential districts is 25 mph.
Top Attractions within Tigard
John Tigard House is the former home of the son of the settler of the city, John Tigard. It was built in 1880 in a Queen Anne style and in 1978 it was moved from its original location to be used as a tourist attraction. In present, this Tigard house is an important museum of the city depicting the life of its founder.
King City Golf Course is a 9-hole public golf course located in Tigard. The course has beautiful greens and from it, you will have the chance to admire the beautiful city views of Tigard. Within the facility, you can enjoy a large restaurant that offers daily fresh and delicious food.
Dr. Feelgood's Pub is a great pub located downtown Tigard. The atmosphere is very friendly and relaxed and the music is good. The snacks that are served in the bar are always fresh and tasty and come in large portions.
Silver Palace is a beautiful restaurant from the city center of Tigard. It has an interesting design combining both classical and modern styles and offers a large array of dishes of the International cuisine. The wine list is ample and promising.
5 Things You Must Do in Tigard
Oregon's 11th largest city, Tigard is part of Portland's metropolitan area. With lakes and shopping, there is no shortage to fun activities or having a relaxing getaway.
1. Soar in a Balloon: During the month of June, Tigard's skies are filled with hot air balloons for the Allstate Festival of Balloon in Cook Park. Thousands of people come from all over to see these balloons, play in the carnival or enjoy food and music.
2. Stroll in the park: Summerlake Park is a beautiful open space with a lake as its centerpiece. Intermixed with wooded areas, going back to nature is much easier. Also available are trails, tennis courts and other playgrounds for family enjoyment. For more information on the Park click on the link.
3. Visit a historic landmark: The John Tigard house is registered as a National Historic Place, and sits on the corner of SW Canterbury Lane and SW 103rd. Constructed in 1880, it was saved from destruction and preserved by the Tigard Area Historical and Preservation Association. It was moved to its current location and is available for viewing.
4. Walk and Shop: Bridgeport Village is a European styled outdoor shopping experience that contains over 25 acres of shopping, restaurants and theatres. It blends upscale shopping with local retail shops, and even contains a supermarket and bookstore. This one stop shopping destination has something for everyone!
5. Relax in a spa: A full service spa, with high quality surroundings, Coldwater Creek Spa provides massages, facials and a variety of treatments. Enjoy the spa to refresh and relax for a day at the lake or shopping.