Tomball is a beautiful city located in Texas, United States. Situated in Harris County, Tomball has an area of 10.2 square miles and a population of more than 9,000 residents. Tomball was established as a city in 1907, when the community was renamed from Peck, name under which it was established in the 19th century. With a rich history, Tomball is filled with lovely recreational spots. If you are going to be in this area soon, make sure to include some top sights of interest into your route.
Gianna's Italian Kitchen is a wonderful place to visit when being in Tomball. The Italian food served in this spot is so delicious that there is really no way you are not going to love it. The causal atmosphere you will find here will make your meal out in Tomball a lovely experience each time.
Goodson's Cafe is an popular restaurant located in Tomball. The food here is really tasty and fresh, while the portions are amazingly generous. There is no way you are not going to find this venue as extremely attractive. Excellent service and food, a friendly staff and a fantastic atmosphere will make every meal here a pleasure.
Tomball Museum Complex is the spot to be in if you are interested in the cultural life of the city and also its historical heritage. Here you will find some impressive Victorian style homes, including 1860s furnishing pieces and also a 1900s amazingly beautiful church. A wide variety of exhibits can be visited in the Tomball Museum.
The Texas Confederate Museum is another beautiful museum located in Tomball. Within this museum you will find the largest collection of artifacts dating back to the war between the States west of the Mississippi River.
Burroughs Park is an amazingly beautiful park situated in Tomball. The park features a playground area and numerous entertainment options for children of all ages. Amenities of the park include a fishing pond, a soccer field and many walking paths. An observation deck, restrooms and a sandbox play area are also featured in this park. Swimming and boating are not allowed in the area.
Tomball is called a Hometown with a Heart. This country town welcomes visitors with welcome arms and offers lots of backcountry relaxation while only a heartbeat away from the hustle and bustle of Houston.
1. Check out the Wings Over Houston Air Show: Every October, thousands of residents from Tomball make the quick drive to Houston's Ellington Field for their yearly air show guaranteed to thrill and awe young and old alike.
2. Relax: Spend a few hours, or even a day at the Fountain of Your Salon and Day Spa. Open daily, the spa is a great way to unwind and relax after a day spent driving or enjoying the great Texas outdoors.
3. Enjoy the Hawgs with Heart Motorcycle Rally: The rally entertains more than motorcycle enthusiasts with all kinds of dancing, a number of live bands and vendors with crafts and food to offer residents and visitors alike every October, near the Tomball Train Depot.
4. Visit the Tomball Art League Fall Art Show: Every fall, visitors are delighted with a judged art show that showcases local as well as distant artistic talents. Held in the Tomball Community Center, attendance is free and the food is great!
5. Pig Out at the TBPW Annual Food Fest: Tomball knows how to have fun, and their annual food fest fundraiser is one of the highlights of the fall months. Enjoy the tastes of Texas at this annual scholarship fundraiser put on by the Tomball Business and Professional Women.