Towson Car Rental Comparison: Get Low-priced Travel Vehicles
Save a lot and compare the cheapest car rental in Towson
Top Attractions within Towson
The Hampton National Historic Site is the historic place where you will get to see how did people live in the early American and Colonial times. You will also find here many interesting facts about the history, heritage and culture of Towson, by means of a wide array of artifacts and historical items. The gardens are breathtaking and give a special vibe to the site. Not to mention that admission is free.
Havana Road is a great dining venue in Towson. The unique flavors of the Cuban cuisine will blow your senses away and leave you wanting to come back for more. The delicious Cuban dishes are something you must try. The atmosphere is also great, as well as the service.
Stoney River is another popular restaurant in Towson. This steakhouse is perfect if you are in the mood for some delicious ribs or excellently cooked steaks. The friendly and attentive staff will be at your service the whole time and will make sure that you have a pleasant dining experience.
5 Things You Must Do in Towson
Just a few miles north of Baltimore is the college town of Towson, MD. Small in stature, the town still has a lot to offer.
1. Stay at one of the lovely bed and breakfast inns like the Gramercy Mansion, built in 1903. Situated on 45 acres of wooded land, the guest rooms are professionally decorated and absolutely stunning. You won't believe you're anywhere near a major city!
2. Visit the Hampton National Historic Site. Built in the early 1800's to be a country retreat by Captain Charles Ridgely, the estate at one point encompassed 25,000 acres. The main building is a beautifully-preserved example of Georgian architecture, and the stone slave quarters remind you that times were not always bucolic here.
3. Visit Goucher College. A liberal arts college founded in 1885, originally as women's college, it has been co-educational since 1986. A small, forward-thinking college, studying abroad is a graduation requirement. The campus sits on 287 beautiful, wooded acres.
4. See a show at the Recher Theatre. Boasting outstanding acoustics and a 300-gallon freshwater aquarium, the theatre hosts nationally-acclaimed musical acts. It also has a full-service bar and restaurant so you can satisfy all your senses.
5. Shop at Towson Town Center Mall. Four levels of shopping heaven! Nordstrom and Macy's anchor the mall at either end, with a huge collection of eclectic and specialty shops in between. You simply can't leave empty-handed. There are plenty of dining establishments to keep you fueled up for a great day of shopping.