Compare Cheap Car Rental Rates at Travis Air Force Base to Enjoy Big Savings
Travis Air Force Base (Code: SUU) is a United States Air Force Base in California, located more exactly in Solano County, near the city of Fairfield, in the San Francisco Bay Area. The air base was built in 1942 and it has been in use ever since. Travis AFB is known as the Gateway to the Pacific, since it handles more passenger and cargo traffic than any other military airport in the country. It also praises itself with being a supporter of humanitarian airlift operations, nationwide and worldwide. There are about 7,260 active USAF military members serving today at the SUU.
Why you should book a car rental through us?
Below are some of the wonderful reasons why customers want to book their rental cars at VroomVroomVroom.
- No booking and modification fees. You can also cancel for free as long as you do it 48 hours prior your pickup.
- Save time and money. Also, best rates are guaranteed. Check out our Price Promise for all the details.
- Reliable rental cars since we only offer deals from the leading major car rental suppliers.
- Our friendly customer car experts can help you in finding the right vehicle for you. Simply contact us via phone, email or live chat if you need help with your booking.
Driving tips at Travis AFB
With a car rental, you can easily explore the wonderful attractions near the Travis Air Force Base. Alcatraz Island is only 30 miles away from Travis AFB, so you should definitely visit it if you are in the area. The old prison of Alcatraz, the Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 41 are also must sees. This famous island is visited by thousands of people every year, so do not miss the chance of checking it out. Golden Gate Bridge is another famous attraction near Travis AFB. Besides it being features in numerous movies, the bridge provides spectacular, breathtaking views. Make sure that you take your camera with you and capture them.
5 Things You Must do at Travis Air Force Base
Travis Air Force Base is located in Fairfield, California. It houses approximately 10,000 active military personnel, reservists, and civilians employed by the military.
1. Visit the Jimmy Doolittle Air & Space Museum. One of the largest collections of military aircraft around is housed here. There are WWII fighters, displays about the Tuskegee Airmen, and even a space capsule for the kids. See Air Force history in action.
2. Go shoot someone. With a paintball gun, that is! Travis AFB has a paintball field, and there are also several in the surrounding area. “War games” are held on a regular basis, with each side battling the “enemy combatant”.
3. Bird watch or duck hunt at Suisun Marsh. The marsh makes up more than 10% of California's remaining natural wetlands. It's a stopping point for most migratory birds, and a tidal rearing area for salmon. Hiking trails and canoe waterways make it a perfect recreation area.
4. Take a class. Solano Community College, located right on Travis AFB, offers lower-division general education classes that can count toward a Bachelor's degree. From drafting to criminal justice, there's a class here for every interest.
5.Cruise with the Air Force. Travis Marina, at the north end of the Golden Gate Bridge, offers rental boats, berthing, and sail training classes for those who want to fly and float. Take a cruise on the bay from here either on your own boat or with a qualified skipper on a rental boat.