Tullahoma, a wonderful city in Coffee and Franklin counties, Tennessee, United States, attracts lots of tourists with its attractions and beauty. Tullahoma is part of the Tullahoma micropolitan area and was founded in 1852. It was a camp along the new Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad. Nowadays, Tullahoma is a great destination.
Top Attractions within Tullahoma
The Celtic Cup Coffee House is a coffee, bakery and pub food located in Tullahoma. Here, you can taste great coffee and enjoy delicious and fresh dishes prepared with love and care for clients. The staff and the people who visit this spot are also friendly and nice. The music, the indoor decor and the food are all fascinating. This spot features live music for free, while the desserts are so tasty that you will become addicted. The soups, the sandwiches are also great. The warm and relaxing environment brings a lot of people here, making them feel wonderful. If you used to savour your coffee at the office, it is time to try something new in an amazing place and the Celtic Cup Coffee House is perfect for that. This can be the place where you have a meal and a coffee after a sight seeing day.
Hands-On Science Centre is located as well in Tullahoma. It is a fascinating place where adults and kids can find many interesting things about science. The main mission of the centre is to increase people's interest for science and explain many phenomena in a simple way. It develops partnerships with many engineers and scientists, so it will be an educational and amazing experience to visit this spot in Tullahoma.
Normandy Lake has many facilities and a beautiful landscape to make all tourists feel incredible. Here, they can enjoy water sports, picnics, as well as camping and fishing. The area is of a remarkable beauty, so it should be explored completely. Tullahoma would not be so fabulous without Normandy Lake, so it is a highly recommended spot.
Tullahoma is a town of about 20,000 located in south-central Tennessee. Blending old-fashioned southern hospitality and cutting edge high-tech employment, Tullahoma blends the best of both worlds with small town friendliness.
1. Relax at Short Springs State Natural Area. This beautiful 420-acre nature area showcases the vast variety of flora, fauna and geology of this area of Tennessee. Visit Machine Falls, which falls 60 feet, or the cascading Busby Falls. Hike some of the best trails in Tennessee, then relax with a sack lunch.
2. Tour Arnold Air Force Base. You'll need to go with a group—individual tours are not done—but if you can go you'll see parts of a complex that houses some of the most amazing flight simulation test facilities in the world. Arnold includes giant wind tunnels, space chambers, ballistic ranges and more.
3. Enjoy fine arts at the Tullahoma Fine Arts Center. Paintings, photography, dance, jewelry, baskets, even hatmaking are all showcased here. You can purchase one-of-a-kind pieces of art, or smaller items in the gift shop. All styles are represented here, from antique to futuristic.
4. Sip some whiskey. Tennessee whiskey is renowned for its smoothness. Tullahoma is near the smaller George Dickel Distillery in Normandy, as well as the larger and more famous Jack Daniel Distillery, which is a little farther away.
5. Spend a day at Old Stone Fort State Park. Walk around 2,000-year-old Native American gathering and ceremonial site. Built between two rivers, the site of these mounds is oriented to the sunrise at summer solstice.