Turlock, CA is nestled in the San Joaquin Valley, where it enjoys moderate weather. Historically a strong agricultural area, today Turlock is made up of a broad mix of agriculture, business and residential uses. About 100 miles from San Francisco, Turlock provides a country feel with city amenities nearby.
Explore "The City of God" and compare the cheapest car rental in Turlock. Did you know that Turlock is the second largest city in Stanislaus County?
1. Come for the 4th of July. Turlock really throws out the welcome mat with free community concerts at the Stanislaus State amphitheater, vendors, fireworks and more. Vendors and all the food you can imagine will supply everything you need. Make a day of it!
2. Ride the historic Sierra Railroad dinner train. Saturday evenings you can enjoy beautiful sunsets from your seat while being served a fabulous meal. Originally built in 1897, the railroad now brings unspoiled scenic views right to your table.
3. Play Diablo. Diablo Grande, that is. Two gorgeous, semi-private courses that will take you through rolling foothills and vineyards. The hotel, spa and winery will keep everyone in your party happy. Consider one of their Stay & Play packages to make the most of your visit.
4. Play in the water at Turlock Lake and Don Pedro Reservoir. Everything's here, from shaded, restful picnic spots to fishing to heart-pounding water skiing and jet skiing.
5. Walk around California State University, Stanislaus. This beautiful campus is situated on 240 acres with lakes and fountains, wooded pathways and beautiful buildings. Relax at the Reflecting Pond or enjoy a sports event or Shakespearean play at the Amphitheater.
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Golf USA of Turlock
#2 Thing to do: Turlock Historical Museum
#3 Thing to do: First Street Gallery