Tuscaloosa Car Rental Comparison
Tuscaloosa is a beautiful city located in Alabama, United States. The county seat of Tuscaloosa County, Tuscaloosa has an area of 70.3 square miles and a population of more than 90,400 residents, being the fifth-largest city in Alabama. Tuscaloosa was incorporated in 1819 and throughout its history the city has actually been the capital of Alabama. Also known under the name of the "Druid City" due to the water oaks planted here in the 1840s,
Tuscaloosa has developed so much throughout the years that in 2009 the city was named one of the "50 Best Places to Launch a Small Business" in the United States. In 2011, Tuscaloosa was named "The Most Liveable City in America." However, Tuscaloosa also is a great place to visit and if you are going to be in the area soon, make sure to include some beautiful sights of interest into your route.
Top Attractions within Tuscaloosa
Nick's Original Filet House is a beautiful restaurant located in Tuscaloosa. The food served in this location is really delicious, while the atmosphere is great. The service is each time excellent.
DePalma's is an outstanding location to eat in. The food you will be able to taste here is absolutely delicious, so there is no way you will not enjoy an amazing experience in this spot. The food, the wine or the atmosphere are really wonderful here.
Paul W. Bryant Museum is a beautiful cultural venue of Tuscaloosa. The museum was actually dedicated to the famous football coach Paul "Bear" Bryant. Visiting this place will be a great idea if you want to understand more about football history and heritage. For sports fans, this museum surely is a must see.
The Veterans Memorial Park is one of the most beautiful natural areas of the city. Here you will be able to enjoy numerous amenities including a historic site and walking paths.
Tuscaloosa Amphitheater is the spot in which concerts and various other events take place during the year. This actually is an outdoors spot with a great sound and lights system. The venue is really nice, while the atmosphere here is always charming.
5 Things Must do in Tuscaloosa
1. Visit The Old Tavern: This piece of early Tuscaloosa history has been preserved and is right downtown. Originally built in 1827 as an inn on the stagecoach route, today this fabulous piece of architecture sits 3 blocks away from its original location. Admission is free!
2. Visit the Alabama Museum of Natural History: Located in Smith Hall on the University of Alabama campus, this is the place to see dinosaurs without getting eaten by them! The museum showcases items from prehistory to today, all of them making Alabama such a great place to be.
3. Watch a play at the Bama Theater: Or a movie, a children's play, or a dance production. Restored to its 1930's grandeur, this facility combines the opulent beauty of a bygone era with first-class computerized sound and lighting from today.
4. Boat the Black Warrior River: This scenic river is part of an enormous watershed, all within Alabama. Both traditional fishing and flyfishing opportunities are here, as well as swimming, canoeing, and waterskiing.
5. Watch the Crimson Tide roll! University of Alabama athletics are nationally famous for good reason: they're exciting! From football, baseball, basketball and track to volleyball, swimming, soccer and gymnastics, the action is fast and the crowd is firmly behind their team!