Finding a Car Rental in Ukiah is Now Made Easy
Ukiah, California is located northwest of Sacramento, near the Pacific Ocean. With a population of about 16,000, it retains a small-town feel and enjoys year-round good weather. Did you know that Ukiah is the largest city in Mendocino County, California?
Best Way to Travel: Car, Bus
#1 Thing to do: Cow Mountain Recreation Area
#2 Thing to do: Bonterra Vineyards
#3 Thing to do: The Mendocino Tree
Fun Fact: Ukiah is home to some of the most prestigious wine labels in the nation (Fetzer, Fife, Parducci, Frey, and Bonterra ).
5 Things You Must Do in Ukiah
1. Taste your way through town. Ukiah is now one of the top wine-producing areas of the country, with award-winning vintners such as Bonterra, Fetzer and Frey calling it home. Many wineries now use organic and sustainable practices to improve their wines.
2. Relax at Vichy Springs. This 150-year-old hot springs offers naturally carbonated mineral waters to relax you. You can also enjoy a soaking pool and an Olympic-sized swimming pool on the 700-acre site. Walk or hike on the many trails, then enjoy a massage when you're done.
3. Enjoy Sundays in the Park. This free concert series runs during the summers and starts around 6pm. Bring a chair or blanket and your picnic basket, or purchase food from one of the local vendors. No matter what kind of music you like, it'll be playing one Sunday.
4. Float Lake Mendocino. This beautiful lake near Ukiah is a perfect place to relax. There are two large boat ramps, one at either end of the lake, plus hiking trails and equestrian facilities. For camping, Lake Mendocino offers both day use and overnight facilities.
5. Be dwarfed by the Mendocino Tree. The tallest known tree in the world, it stands 367 feet tall, five stories higher than the statue of liberty. It's estimated to be over 800 years old, and has withstood fire, flood and insects. And it's still growing!