Venice is located in the Los Angeles County, in the State of California. As a beach front district on the Westside of Los Angeles, Venice attracts numerous tourists every year in the region, especially during the summer. The population in Venice reaches approximately 40,885 inhabitants. Abbot Kinney, a tobacco millionaire, initiated the establishment of Venice in 1905, as a beach resort town.
Basically, Venice is a district in West Los Angeles, California, in the United States. It has a popular fort, canals, beaches, and colorful walkways. Venice, California is one of the major tourist destinations in Southern California. Originally, Venice, California was discovered by the millionaire, tobacco tycoon Abbot Kinney in the year of 1905, 14 miles west from Los Angeles and was regarded as a beach resort city at that time. The finest tourist destinations in Venice, California are listed below.
1. The Venice United Methodist Church: This church is an affiliate of the California-Pacific forum under the association of the United Methodist Church. The Church is situated on the Southeast edge of Victoria Avenue and Lincoln Blvd. to the north of Venice Blvd.
2. Dive into the Venice City Beach: In consideration of the amusement factor in Venice, it's quite tough to miss the Venice City Beach. Because, the Venice City Beach is filled with fire magicians, weight lifters, and many other interesting people.
3. Shoot off Some Golfing Tips: The Penmar Golf Course is located just a few miles away from the Venice City Beach. The Penmar Golf Course provides the golfer with a nine-hole course. The course also provides golf clubs on a rental basis.
4. Peep into the Attractive Edifice: The Chiat-Day Building is undoubtedly one of the most attractive buildings in Venice, California. The building has a boat-shaped and a fuzzy tree-shaped pattern.
5. Stride on The Vibrant Walkways: The Louver Museum is also very near to Venice City Beach and it has the finest Venice Walkways and has the names of certain prominent figures of California.
Venice Beachis obviously the hot-spot of the community. During the summer, tourists from all parts of the country, coming here to relax and to enjoy their vacations, fill out the beach area. People will like the golden clean sand on the beach and the clear beautiful waters of the Ocean. In addition to relaxing on the beach, visitors will have the possibility to take on their favorite sports on the designated courts located near the beach line.
The Two-and-a-Half Mile Pedestrian Promenadeis one of the landmarks and most important locations in Venice. The promenade is a famous spot for tourists, as one of the first places that must be seen here and that must be enjoyed during the day, as well as during the night. The promenade is filled with numerous vendors, which thrive on serving those walking tourists and those going to the beach. Artists selling their works, magicians, entertainers and fortune-tellers also pave the walk and give it a unique feeling.
The Venice Fishing Pieris another beach side location that you may enjoy in the city. The pier is designed to meet the needs of fishermen and to accommodate all their desires for the perfect fishing experience. Among the fishermen, you will again see numerous vendors and artists looking to make some money by providing interesting and unique objects for the tourists. Here, you will have the chance to see of those movie-like pictures of men fishing out on the pier.
Nikki'sis one of the most famous venues in Venice for eating, drinking and entertaining. The multi-purpose facility can be the suitable location for spending a night out during your vacation. You will be served with easy meals and the most interesting drinks.