1. Restaurant Row: Downtown Waltham, known as "Restaurant Row," has a great variety of restaurants, featuring dozens of ethnic fare as well as American cuisine within about half-mile stretch. Ethnic food abounds, with Cambodian, Indian, Thai, Japanese, and other restaurants represented.
2. Inexpensive theater and live music: Whether it be a comedy or drama, original or classic musical works, one has much to choose from in Waltham. Catch a Broadway-style show featuring the Reagle Players at Robinson Auditorium at Waltham High School, classical music concerts performed by the Waltham Philharmonic Orchestra in the Gallagher Auditorium at McDevitt Middle School, or live theater in the small Abbott Theater performed by The Hovey Players.
3. Prospect Hill Park: Ride a bike or hike up to the summit of Prospect Hill Park for spectacular views of Waltham, Boston, Cambridge, and other cities in the Greater Boston Area.
4. Riverwalk: Take a stroll along the Charles River through the downtown as well as most of the city's South Side and East End (also known as "The Bleachery"). You can actually take the Riverwalk all the way to Boston.
5. Waltham's historical homes: The Lyman Estate, also known as "The Vale," is a mansion with the oldest greenhouses in America, including heirloom plants for sale. The home is on several picturesque acres for strolling. Across from Lyman Estate is the Thomas Treat Paine Estate, also known as "Stonehurst," a classic example of the design work of famed landscape architect Frederick Olmsted. Stroll through the 40-acre woods to see wildflowers and birds. Stonehurst is open for tours on a limited basis, but you may call to arrange a personal tour. Gore Place Mansion is a Federal-style house which was the summer residence of Gov. Christopher Gore and his wife. The governor was an avid farmer and loved horticulture, and Mrs. Gore's passion for Asian decor is displayed throughout the mansion. The Sheep-Shearing Festival is in the spring, or attend a summer concert in the Carriage House.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Waltham. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Waltham||Directions to Waltham||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|