Secure a Top Car Rental in Watchung - Fast and Easy
Watchung is a borough you can see in Somerset County, New Jersey, United States of America. Watchung grew as a rural community of the 20th century, near larger cities like Plainfield and Somerville. Watchung was incorporated on April 20, 1926. In present, Watchung has an area of 6 square miles and a number of 5,800 residents. Notable past or present locals of the city include New York Giants players Billy Ard and Carl Banks, politician Charles Aubrey Eaton, actress Laura Prepon and actor Katt Williams. If you want to visit Watchung, you can do it any time of the year and enjoy its beautiful attractions.
5 Things You Must Do in Watchung
Watchung City is a territorial division in the Somerset Region of New Jersey (United States). According to the year 2000 census, the population of the Watchung city was 5,613. Watchung city was integrated as an administrative division by the Government Act of New Jersey Legislature.
1. Watchung Beautiful Mountains: This nature centre is extremely famous for its rich flora and fauna that is present. It is one of the best places of Watchung, where tourists can enjoy the natural beauty of trees and vegetation. As the mountains stretch out parallel to the northern region of New Jersey, the entire beauty of New Jersey City can be seen.
2. Watchung Arts Center: The cultural Arts Center of Watchung City offers the latest art exhibitions every month with great musical performances by rocking bands, comedy shows, and also classes in photography, drawing, and physical exercise.
3. Italian & Frank's Restaurant in Watchung: This restaurant is famous for their different kinds of food among the Watchung communities. Most of the tourists often visit this restaurant as the services provided are wonderful. Chicken caeser salads are one of the most outstanding foods prepared by them. For this reason only, there are many visitors to this restaurant.
4. Watchung Recreational Parks: The Watchung region has several parks where the children can enjoy their holiday more pleasurably. The parks have many amenities such as swimming pools, comical toys, and other things, which entertain both adults and children.
5. Watchung Museum: It showcases exhibits of pod life, live reptiles, local vegetation, and bird observation of the region. All throughout the year, some special exhibits, events, and programs make the museum a fantastic family source of fun and education.
Top Attractions within Watchung
The Body Centered is a massage therapy facility located downtown Watchung. It was opened by Joann Hoblick and Blair Rizzo. This place is perfect for relaxation and pampering. Spoil yourself to a day of massages perfectly tailored for you by professional therapists. The aromatherapy is an important part of the treatments and will make you feel amazing from the firsts seconds.
Watchung Lake is located within the area of the city and is an important hot spot of Watchung for locals and also tourists. The lake is located in a beautiful natural area and offers a lot of recreational possibilities for the visitors. If you want to stay in shape, this is a good place to exercise in the fresh air - you can choose the walking paths, the biking paths, the hiking trails or simply relax with your family near the playground and close to the picnic area of this Watchung attractions.
Paisano's is a located in the Watchung Square Mall, in a commercial area of the city. This is a local pizzeria offering wonderful Italian dishes. The food is amazing and each day of the week, another type of pasta is half of price. The portions are large and come hot to the table. If you visit this restaurant try Pasta Carbonara.