Watertown is located in the Litchfield County, in the State of Connecticut. As a major town in the region, Watertown has a growing population, which reaches approximately 21,660 inhabitants. Watertown is one of the suburbs of Waterbury. The incorporation of Watertown took place in 1780.
This small town in New England is a perfect fusion of living history and lively modern progression. The beautiful scenery and the rich historical heritage make Woodbury a great place to visit for adults or for the whole family.
1. Town of Woodbury District Schoolhouse: This schoolhouse was built in 1867 and used until 1900. Once it became a historical building in the seventies, the town renovated it to its former beauty and usefulness. To this day, 2nd grade classes are taught here.
2. The Hurd House: This is one of the only remaining houses from the first settlers of Connecticut in the late 1600s. The Hurd House is actually two small houses combined. You can see where the Hurd family lived for around 100 years in early America.
3. Three Rivers Meadow: Inquire at the Parks Department about taking a stroll through this beautiful area, lush with Connecticut greenery and ringing with the sounds of rushing brooks. If you're looking for a quite retreat into nature, then put on your hiking boots and head this way.
4. Go Antiquing: Woodbury offers a fine example of east coast antiques, with many antique shops in the area collecting colonial and early American treasures. Take a whole day to explore the secrets of yesterday in this network of shops.
5. Glebe House Museum: Come take a step back in time to Connecticut during the Revolutionary War. A “glebe” is a house for the local clergyman and his family. Come find out what fascinating role this home played in the founding of America.
Crestbrook Park Golf Course is a public venue in Watertown in which you can enjoy one of your favorite games. You can take up golfing as a training or for playing with your friends. During your vacation, playing golf is one of the most relaxing and fun activities for you and your friends. After playing, you can relax at the snack bar included on the grounds and have a few drinks.
The Black Rock State Park is perfect for spending quality times outdoor, in a beautiful natural environment, near Watertown. There are many activities for you to have in the park. In addition to observing nature and its landscapes and wildlife species, you can camp, hike, play sports, fish and swim here. There are many sites specially created for each of these activities, you just have to find one that is free for you to use. The entire family can have great moments in the Black Rock State Park, while experiencing some of their favorite pass time activities during the vacation.
The Watertown Historical Society Museum is the place which will enable you to take a trip in the past of this community. You can learn about all the evolutionary stages that have lead to the formation of the town and find out who were the most important people to contribute to them. The artifacts are presented in carefully organized collections, which enable all visitors to have a facile understanding of historical events.
Matteo Restaurant Bakery and To-Go can provide the best services throughout your vacation in Watertown. You can dine with your family or take up some baked products to have with you during your tours of the region. Either way, you will have delicious meals from American and Italian cuisines, deserts and sweets, coffee and other drinks.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at Watertown. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to Watertown||Directions to Watertown||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|