Waukegan is a small city and county seat in Lake County, Illinois, with an estimate population of 92.046 residents. Waukegan is the ninth largest city in Illinois by population and the fifth largest city on the western shore of Lake Michigan. Waukegan has a lot of wonderful attractions, as well as many accommodations, restaurants and venues, where you can relax and take some time out from the big city. Waukegan has several plans for redevelopment of the lakefront and harbour plan calls for most industrial activity to be removed.
Top Attractions Within Waukegan
Fun Harbour is a wonderful amusement park in Waukegan, that offers a wide variety of rides and activities for people and children of all ages. The rides here include roller coasters, bumper cars, water slides, arcades, paintball and laser tag. Admission fee for children is free, while adults can benefit from discounts if they use coupons. The venue has also got restaurants and snack bars, where you can enjoy a delicious meal or a cold beverage.
Sundance Event Centre is the perfect place in Waukegan, where you can start off your evening. Sundance is adjoined with the Event Centre, the Cantina and the Club. The venue has got state of the art sound and lighting system and the largest dance floor in Illinois. Every night of the week, the DJ offers different music genres. The bar has everything you ever need, in order to have a great time.
Sweet Tomatoes is an all-American restaurant in Waukegan, that prides itself in offering a fresh all-you-care-to-eat dining experience with high quality ingredients and daily made-from-scratch menu items. The main specialities of this Waukegan restaurant are focaccia, the steamed vegetables, jacket potatoes and soft ice-cream. The ambiance is very pleasant and family friendly, and the staff is willing to cater to the every need of the customer.
Toluca's Restaurant is another great eating spot in Waukegan, where great food and entertainment is combined. The amenities here include a bar and television entertainment. The menu is very varied, with food ranging from all-American to Mexican and European food. Even the children have special menus, which come in smaller portions.
Lindenhurst is a small village in the Lake County in Illinois, United States that is among the most visited places in Illinois. The city of Lindenhurst has housed some of the best tourist destinations, from historical museums to parks and clubhouses. Lindenhurst is the ideal place for all of your entertainment activates.
1. Anderson Art Centre: During your tour, be part of the art centre that boasts seven major exhibitions that are conducted every year by original, local and national artists. The gallery covers an area of 9,000sqft and features classes on artistic accomplishments for people of all age groups.
2. Kenosha Public Museum: One of the best museums in the city that exhibits a fine collection of a colorful, historical era. The museum also has a permanent exhibition called 'The Wisconsin Story' that takes you 425 years back.
3. Kenosha History Centre: This History centre has perfectly preserved the artifacts of historical and cultural significance in the Kenosha region. Rambler Gallery at the center would enlighten your with all the auto manufacturing industries and depicts cars from early 20th century.
4. Recine Heritage Museum: The heritage museum showcase, exhibits a perfect collection of the impressive history of the region. The gallery also depicts the impact of the effect of civil war in the region, along with a number of other exhibits.
5. Antiquing and Flea Marketing in St. Charles: This is the ideal destination for antique lovers. This antique city is the perfect place to find your collection, there are around 60 dealers to help you in selecting the right piece