Waxahachie is a city located in Ellis County, Texas, United States of America. Waxahachie is a suburb of Dallas and is the county seat of Ellis County. The city has an area of 41.2 square miles, of which 1.2 square miles are water. Waxahachie has a population of almost 30,000 residents, according to the most recent census.
The name of the city comes from either Native American and means "cow creek" or "buffalo creek", or from the speakers of Wichita, who claim Waxahachie means "fat wildcat". The locality became famous after a few movies were done here: Places in the Heart, The Trip to Bountiful and Tender Mercies. Occasionally, episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger were shot in Waxahachie. Notable former or current locals include Tom Blasingame, Tevin Campbell and Byron Nelson.
Here are a few reasons why our customers prefer to book with us:
Waxahachie is one of the cities in Ellis Country Located in Texas (United States). It is the territorial division of Ellis Country. Its rich legacy is reflected all throughout the city, attracting thousands of tourists every year. The city has the population of 20,000 and a much diversified economy. The city is well-known for its beautiful locations that attract numerous tourists every year.
1. First United Methodist Church: This famous church in Waxahachie is well-known for its religious practices such as there will be traditional worship services practiced every Sunday morning at 8.30 a.m. and 10.45 a.m. and, a contemporary worship service at 9.45 a.m. Often tourists find a sort of calm and piece visiting this church.
2. Waxahachie's Magnetic Hotels and Restaurants: The Hotels and Restaurants of Waxahachie offer different kinds of goods and services such as fairly priced delicious food items and amenities such as air conditioned room, coffee maker in room, safe deposit boxes, and many more.
3. Conspiracy Museum in Dallas: A brave, small museum that reveals the truths about things that happened in Dallas. Its just 25 miles from Waxahachie City. The museum has the collections of books written by former United States president John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
4. Texas Theatre: This theatre was founded in the year 1895. Itrepresents a wide range of Texas songs and music by excellent singers, bands, and songsters on the music scene of Texas.
5. Scarborough Faire Renaissance Festival: This is the famous festival celebrated in Waxahachie, where surplus shops are set up every year to sell handmade products. It includes minstrels, storytellers, face painting, puppet shows, and small theatrical companies.
Scarborough Renaissance Festival, also named Scarborough Faire is a renaissance fair held each year in Waxahachie. The tradition started in 1981 and the event is always celebrated in the weekends, from the first in April until Memorial Day. The celebrations include 21 stages, hundreds of performances, live music, parades, costumed volunteers and cook-outs. Each year, this events draws more than 200,000 visitors to Waxahachie.
Ellis County Museum is a place filled with historical artifacts of the cities included in the county, photos and memorabilia of those who first established in the area hundred of years ago. This Waxahachie attraction depicts the history of all the region. Is a beautiful place to visit and to learn more about the wonderful history of such a beautiful American town.
Dove's Nest is a beautiful restaurant located in Waxahachie where you can enjoy the perks of fine dining. In this elegant restaurant, you will be seated in a fancy dining room, beautifully decorated. The dishes, belonging to the American cuisine will be brought to you in short time by smiling waiters.