Wayzata Car Rental Comparison
Wayzata is a city you can visit if you travel to Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States of America. Wayzata is an important suburb of Minneapolis, with an area of 3.2 square miles and approximately 4,000 residents. The early settlement of the area was made by the Sioux nation. In 1803, the French claimed the area and sold it later to the Americans that settled here. The city of Wayzata was founded in the 1850s and incorporated approximately 30 years later, in 1883. The name of the city comes from the earliest settlers. The Sioux tribes named one of their gods Wazyia, giving Wayzata the meaning of "North Shore". Wayzata became famous when the character of Ben, from Lost, assumed the identity of a man named Henry Gale, coming from Wayzata.
Top Attractions within Wayzata
Great Northern Depot was built in Wayzata in 1906. This is an important historical building of the city. In our time, this Wayzata attraction is the home of the history museum of the city. It bears an English Tudor Style and was build after the sketches of Samuel Bartlett and A.H. Hogeland.
Klapprich Park Warming House is a local amusement park of Wayzata. The park is great for a family outing, thanks to its location in a wonderful natural area of the city. The games and the rides are great and your kids will be delighted. After a full day, you can enjoy the picnic areas or the great themed restaurant inside the facility.
Gianni's Steakhouse is an upscale eatery located at 635 Lake Street, in Wayzata. The elegant restaurant has lovely decorations and offers dishes of the international cuisine. The prices are moderate and the staff is helpful.
Blue Point Seafood Restaurant and Bar offers fresh made and deliciously cooked seafood. This Wayzata restaurant is one of the favorite of the locals. The portions are large and we recommend you to try Baked Blue Point Oysters Rockefeller, one of the specialties of the house.
5 Things You Must Do in Wayzata
Wayzata is a city located in United States. It is very famous for its location near Lake Minnetonka, and is around 12 miles to the west of Minneapolis consisting of only a small community. According to the 2000 census, the population was 4113, but the city now turns out to be the center of extensive and mounting trade with a population of around 30,000, including the West Lakeshore communities, Plymouth City, and East Minnetonka Communities. It treasures some of the finest tourist destinations that one can travel around.
1. Experience the Evolution History at Lake Minnetonka Museum: It is popularly called the Museum of Lake Minnetonka. It is a non-profit association located at the main center of Lake Minnetonka. All the significant information such as the early history of Wayzata City and Lake Minnetonka have been preserved and maintained carefully.
2. Minnetonka Arts Center: The Arts center of Wayzata City provides affordable instructions in Visual Arts. Visitors can gain knowledge of fine crafts and arts through practical instructions and special events.
3. Don't Miss Wayzata Recreational Parks: Wayzata city is the home of several beautiful parks and awe-inspiring gardens. Family beaches of Lake Minnetonka offer the visitors a place to settle down.
4. Wayzata Shopping Centers: Visitors can enjoy their shopping in the Wayzata city, as it features lots of premium shops to purchase the finest products. These shopping centers remain strong and have added new facets to its character.
5. Wayzata's Luce Line State Trail: It is a 63 mile long former railroad grade, developed for hiking, biking, horseback riding, skiing and snowmobiling.