West Allis is a beautiful city located in Wisconsin, United States. Situated in Milwaukee County, West Allis has an area of 11.4 square miles and a population of more than 61,200 residents, according to the 2000 census. The name of the city was given to honor Edward P. Allis, who founded the Chalmers Manufacturing Company in West Allis. Initially, West Allis was incorporated as a village, event dating back to 1902. The area became the City of West Allis in 1906. West Allis is well known for the numerous wonderful sights of interest located in the area, but also for the great recreational spots that can be enjoyed here.
Top Attractions within West Allis
Wisconsin State Fair Park is one of the most beautiful spots of West Allis. The park was founded in 1891 and it currently includes some impressive facilities. The fairgrounds and exhibition center hosts numerous venues, including the popular Milwaukee Mile, but also the Pettit National Ice Center. One of the most important annual events to be hosted in this location is the Wisconsin State Fair, which takes place in August and lasts about 11 days, offering numerous entertainment options.
Dretzka Park is one of the best natural parks in West Allis. On an area of 210 acres, you will find numerous lovely amenities in this venue, including a golf course, but also picnic areas and sand volleyball fields. Playgrounds for children can also be enjoyed in this location.
Milwaukee County Zoo is situated in the proximity of West Allis, but this place is so impressive that it would surely be a pity to not visit it. The zoo is home to more than 2,200 mammals, but also birds, fish and reptiles. More than 320 species can be visited in this lovely zoo.
Taqueria Buenavista is a lovely Mexican restaurant located in West Allis. The food here is excellent and the service is outstanding. No matter the Mexican specialties you will decide to taste, you are surely going to find them as absolutely delicious. Another great Mexican restaurant in West Allis is Antigua Mexican and Latin Restaurant.
Being an integral part of Milwaukee County, West Allis is a city that can be called as a mini industrial hub. The city is a beautiful locale with Kinnickinnic and Root River upper courses glorifying the natural beauty even more. People of West Allis are famous for their ethnic values and their spirit. They strive to achieve the best. With an educated and an aware populace, this city assures the tourists a wide variety of experiences.
1. Do not miss the Wisconsin State Fair Park: Witnessing the Wisconsin State Fair is an experience for a lifetime. This fair park in West Allis's vicinity is famous for hosting this fair. This place is beautifully designed and the guest centers, Ag Village and youth center wouldn't fail to impress you. For more information on the State Fair click on the link.
2. Experience Milwaukee Mile for Runners: This mile long race track is a major tourist attraction in West Allis. Almost to the tune of 50,000 spectators can be accommodated. This was primarily tagged as the one of the premier motor speedways. Auto races are for everybody and along with this magnificent structure, one must also try and catch up with a race of possible.
3. Pettit National Ice Center: This indoor skating rink acts as the international arena for the competitors. This land comes under the jurisdiction of the Fair Park, but its two huge oval skating rinks are surely a sight that cannot be missed. For more information on the Ice Center click on the link.
4. Master Spas Pavilion A Retreat: This is a happening part of the fair that acts like a banquet hall where people celebrate a variety of events. Consumer shows and seminars are always on the list. The bakery is undoubtedly ready to satiate your appetite.
5. RV Park not to be missed: The adventure freaks wouldn't like to miss the campground that is located in the Fair Park. It's beautifully crafted and the camping site is surely worth making a stay at.