West Chester is a nice borough in the state of Pennsylvania, United States, located more exactly in Chester County and being its county seat at the same time. The history of West Chester goes back to 1799, when the borough became incorporated. According to the 2010 census, West Chester now has a total population of 18,461 residents and spans on a total area of 1.8 square miles. West Chester is also a great place to visit, since it provides both locals and tourists with a wide array of cultural and recreational opportunities.
The “Athens of the West” as its colloquially known, West Chester stands to be Chester's county seat. The Pennsylvania is famed for its historical monuments that are located in close vicinity. One can even call it an educational hub, as students long to get into West Chester University of Pennsylvania. The city has carried forward the legacy of Greek architecture. West Chester's official inception as a city took place in 1799.
1. West Chester University of Pennsylvania-Education First: This university offers a variety of courses for both under graduation as well as post graduation study. The local is beautiful and people should go to this place to revive all those college memories.
2. Aero fanatics: American Helicopter Museum Calling: This place can be a real treat for the people who take keen interest in flying aircrafts. Normal tourists would also love to catch a glimpse of the restored helicopters that boast of America's history.
3. Historic Yellow Springs welcomes you: A beautifully garnered village that has to offer an insight into the past of America. The people living here take active participation in preserving the artifacts and the well-maintained archives of related topics would enthrall any visitor.
4. QVC Studio Tour: This tour can't be missed by those who always seek to get inside information about the back-stage happenings of the media world. This tour helps one gain a lot of information about how things that we see on TV. QVC is the most famous TV shopping guide and one can really freak out and empty one's pocket buying all the stuff that they like.
5. History speaks at Historical Museum: One cannot afford to miss this ethnic museum as it stands to be a treasure trove of the valorous stories of the past. There is also a hands-on-gallery that's been crafted in an interactive manner. The research facilities provided here are undoubtedly, worth a watch.
The American Helicopter Museum and Educational Center is a wonderful cultural institution in West Chester, that will teach you all about helicopters and how are they operated. The museum is run by volunteers, most of them being former helicopter aircraft people, so they are very knowledgeable. There are many helicopters put on display, which you can admire all you want.
Marsh Creek State Park is a beautiful place in the core of the nature, located a few miles away from West Chester. Come here to relax, take in the fresh air, and enjoy activities such as fishing, boating, hunting, swimming, hiking, ice fishing, ice skating, and ice boating.
Baldwin's Book Barn is a unique library in West Chester, the best place to search for antiques, out of print books, or old local maps. The wide array of books you will find here have great history, so it would be a shame to miss it if you are into reading.
Dilworthtown Inn is a great dining venue in West Chester, serving American, French, and Continental cuisine. The food is simply delicious, so you cannot go wrong by coming here. The menu is diverse and offers an extensive selection of foods and drinks, which you can enjoy together with the cozy ambiance.
i-Pasta is another nice restaurant in West Chester, with focus on Italian cuisine. Come here and have the tasty, fresh, homemade pastas, which will blow your senses away with their flavor. The service here is great, and the atmosphere is very inviting.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at West Chester. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to West Chester||Directions to West Chester||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|