Did you know that West Lafayette is the most densely populated city in Indiana?
Best Way to travel: Train, Bus, Car
#1 Thing to do: Samara House
#2 Thing to do: Purdue University
#3 Thing to do: Neon Cactus
Fun Fact: Lafayette is home to Purdue University.
#1 Car Rental Company: Budget
West Lafayette is located in the Tippecanoe County, in the State of Indiana. As the most densely populated city in the state, West Lafayette has a population that numbers approximately 29,600 inhabitants. West Lafayette was incorporated in 1888 and it is a part of the Lafayette Metropolitan Statistical Area. Visitors gather to West Lafayette each year for its events and venues covering all tastes and needs for vacations.
Harry's Chocolate Shop is one of the best restaurants in West Lafayette. The casual and relaxed atmosphere, completed with a professional and friendly staff will make your dinning here very pleasant. The menu includes a wide selection of dishes and drinks, from appetizers and main courses, to pizza, pasta and many more.
The Purdue University Horticulture Gardens in West Lafayette is one of the most beautiful natural grounds to be visited in the region. The gardens have been carefully arranged and organized by the University. Some of the most beautiful and colorful collections of flowers include daylilies, peonies, ornamental grasses and so on. This is a suitable place for those passionate about nature and for those looking to spend time outside in a wonderful setting.
Fort Ouiatenon is located near West Lafayette. It is an important location not only for the community, but also for the entire state. The reason for this comes as Fort Quiatenon was the first fortified European settlement in Indiana, built in 1717. The construction can be visited at the intersection of the Tippecanoe River with the Wabash River. The initial purpose of the small building was that of a French trading post. In 1970, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
The Samara House is also known as the John E. Christian House and it is located in West Lafayette. The building was constructed in 1956, by architect Frank Lloyd Wright, in the Modern Movement architectural style. In 1992, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The value of the house is represented by the uniqueness of the few Usonian homes created by Frank Lloyd Wright.
In the heart of the American Midwest, you'll find a lovely city filled with places for locals and visitors alike. That city is West Lafayette, Indiana—a city that prides itself on being the home of the famous Purdue University. Here are five things you must do on your visit to West Lafayette.
1. Recreate life in the 18th Century at Fort Ouiatenon: Fort Ouiatenon is a quaint 18th Century trading post settled in a nice historical park. You can picnic in the park after visiting the Fort Ouiatenon blockhouse and museum, recently renovated for visitors. For more information on the Fort click on the link.
2. Ride a horse-drawn cart in the historic Prophetstown State Park: This is a heritage site that recreates a 1920s farmstead and Native American village. See what life was like a hundred years ago and ride through the prairie in a horse-drawn cart. For more information on the Park click on the link.
3. Experience history at the site of the Battle of Tippecanoe: This historical site has been preserved and is the actual site of the famous Battle of Tippecanoe where Native Americans and European settlers fought in the early 1800s. Hike scenic trails and visit the visitor center. For more information on the Battle click on the link.
4. Smell the flowers at the Clegg Botanical Gardens: Visit a lush and wild garden complete with forested areas and natural wildflowers. Take a picnic lunch along with you.
5. Take a walking tour of downtown Lafayette: Take a self-guided stroll down the historical part of the town and find yourself back in the time when the town was first incorporated in 1825.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at West Lafayette. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to West Lafayette||Directions to West Lafayette||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|