Westerly Car Rental Comparison: Big discounts for big-time car rentals
Westerly is a beautiful town located in Rhode Island, United States. With a population of more than 22,700 residents, according to the 2010 census, Westerly has an area of 74.8 square miles. Westerly was founded in 1669 by John Babcock, but throughout the years the area has managed to develop a lot, mostly due to the granite and stone-cutting industry.
The town is a popular tourist destination, mostly during the summer days, due to the wonderful beaches located here, but also the many recreational spots that can be enjoyed by all tourists. Be charmed and compare the cheapest car rental in Westerly. Did you know that Westerly was founded by a John Babcock in 1669?
Top Attractions within Westerly
Wilcox Park is a wonderful park located in Westerly. Since 1973, this park has been introduced on the National Register of Historic Places. On an area of 50 acres, Wilcox Park includes a series of wonderful amenities, but also a great arboretum which includes a conifer garden, a herb garden, but also a perennial garden. The park was designed back in 1898.
The Misquamicut State Beach is the spot to be at for a relaxing afternoon at the sun. The area has become a state beach back in 1959. Visiting this place when being in Westerly is a must, as here you will be able to enjoy a great relaxing activity, but you will also have the possibility to admire some scenic beauties.
Granite Theater is the spot to be at for a cultural night out in Westerly. The theater hosts numerous shows and stage performances and it surely is the right venue to visit if you are willing to watch a comedy, a musical or even a drama.
The Napatree Point is a spot of a scenic beauty, located in Westerly. This is the best place for birdwatching, but not only. You can have a relaxing walk in this area, while admiring the beauty paradise.
Venice Restaurant is a great place to eat in while being in Westerly. The food here is absolutely delicious, while the place is really elegant. You will be able to choose from numerous classic Italian dishes, but you can also taste some delicious seafood specialties.
5 Things You Must Do in Westerly
The town of Westerly was founded in 1669 by John Babcock. The town was so named as it is the westernmost town in the state of Rhode Island. It is also possible that the name is derived from the name of the original village of one of the founding fathers of Westerly – Elder John Crandall who came from the English village of Westerleigh. In summer the population of Westerly nearly doubles with tourists flocking here to visit some of its attractive places.
1. Visit Wilcox Park is a park and arboretum. This park was dominated by plants and trees of the native variety till 1960s, after which certain exotic varieties like dwarf conifers, herbs and perennial gardens were introduced. All the gardens in the park are set off by fine westerly granite masonry and the park is aesthetically landscaped.
2. Check OutMisquamicut State Beach is a state park beach and stretches for seven miles. Misquamicut is the Indian word for “Red Salmon at this place”, and the beach has lifeguards on duty and some shops who sell swimming and surfing equipments and snacks.
3. Climb the Watch Hill Lighthouse is a small coastal fire district and is the westernmost in the state. This is most well known for Watch Hill Lighthouse. It is also known for the Flying Horse Carousel, the oldest continuously operated carousel in the US, and Fort Mansfield - an old sub post of the Spanish – American War.
4. Take a Ride aroundWesterly (Amtrak Station) is an ornate train station and is served by Amtrak's Regional train.
5. Catch some rays at Westerly Town Beach is another famous and enjoyable beach in this tourist town.