Did you know that the discovery of Gold in South Platte River Valley led to the founding of Westminster?
Best way to travel: Car or Bicycle
#1 thing to do: Legacy Ridge Golf Course
#2 thing to do: Westminster City Park
#3 thing to do: Big Dry Creek Trail
Fun Fact: Westminster University, also known as Westminster Castle, is dubbed as "The Princeton of the West".
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise
The city of Westminster is a suburb of Denver in the state of Colorado in United States. The type of government is a Home Rule Municipality comprising of counties â€“ Adams and Jefferson. According to the Money magazine in July 2006, Westminster was ranked as 24th best place to stay in USA.
1. Go back in history by visiting the Bowles House Museum: Pay a visit to the century old farmhouse now converted into a historical museum. The museum was constructed from 1871 to 1876. The place gives an insight into century old American customs and ancient artifacts.
2. Visit exotic Denver Aquarium: The aquarium is basically a freshwater and marine aquaria which contains a varied assortment of fishes. It facilitates the tourists to view the exotic marine life of Colorado River.
3. Explore the excitement at Hyland Hills Water World: The water park has been operational since 1979. It features a variety of water slides, a 'lazy river', an inflatable raft slide, tube rides and water-themed fun rides. The park features two pools that showcase a huge water area. The most acclaimed attraction is the raft water slide that includes steep spiral trips, sudden drop-offs and other surprises for the visitors.
4. Experience the beauty of nature at Elitch Gardens: This amusement park serves the interests of guests by providing entertainment as well as natural landscape manicured to its zenith. The high-points of the gardens are lush greenery, the Trocadero Ballroom, Theatre at the Gardens, roller coaster and Mister Twister.
5. Visit Chautauqua Park: This park is located west of Mississippi river and has been designated as National Historic Landmark in 2006. Various lectures, live musical concerts, silent films, historical buildings and many other elements are a part of this landmark destination.