White Plains, New York, is an affluent suburban city of 58 thousand people, located just north of New York City and just southwest of the border with Connecticut. White Plains is a center of economic activity north of NYC, and it's home to the headquarters and/or operations of many large companies, including Dannon, the March of Dimes, the New York Power Authority, and Heineken. Also, the city is a huge retail destination for those who live and work in NYC, with hundreds of small retail shops, and locations of the chain stores Bloomingdale's, Burlington Coat Factory, Macy's, Neiman Marcus and Sears. Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg was born in White Plains.
If you need to book a cheap rental car in White Plains, VroomVroomVroom can help you to find the best rates on car rentals in White Plains, or anywhere in Westchester County, New York. We are the experts in rental car rate comparison and we help New Yorkers every day to save money on rental cars, trucks and SUVs.
If you want to see White Plains and the rest of NYC, a rental car is a must. Here are some of the great reasons why our customers prefer to book their rental cars through us.
Travelers to White Plains will often land at Westchester County Airport, located in Harrison – 7 miles northeast of the city center of White Plains. Nicknamed “White Plains Airport”, it actually serves Harrison and many of the other northern suburbs of New York City, as well. At this airport, six major rental car companies have concierge desks in the main terminal building, located in the arrivals hall. They are Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National. The pick-up and drop-off lots for these car rentals are located right next to the same building.
White Plains in New York is located in south central Westchester County near the Hudson River. It is a mere 2 ½ miles from Long Island Sound. Here are five things you must do in White Plains.
1. Take a class at the Music Conservatory of Westchester. Offering classes and entertainment in both music and theater, this conservatory offers programs for adults and children alike who want to expand their musical horizons.
2. Enjoy a show at the White Plains Performing Arts Center. A venue for numerous shows and attractions, the White Plains Performing Arts Center offers shows of many varieties for theater-goers looking for a fun night out.
3. Play pick up basketball at Gillie Park. This attractive multi-use park offers recreational activities, including a basketball play area, a softball and baseball field, a recreation room and a children's playground. Play basketball or find a partner for tennis.
4. Go for a splash at the Gardella and Kittrell pools. Open for recreational swimming, there is no better way to spend a hot day than to keep cool in one of these two pools.Get a tan or work off some pounds swimming laps in this active and vibrant pool.
5. Take a kayak lesson at Liberty Park. A perfect spot for kayaking, pedal boats, picnics and fishing, Liberty park is your place for outdoor recreation on the lovely Silver Lake. Rent a kayak or canoe for an romantic evening of water recreational activities.
|Unfortunately we do not have search enabled at White Plains. |
Please try one of the following nearby locations:
|Book At||Miles/km to White Plains||Directions to White Plains||Latitude||Longitude|
|*Distance is calculated aerial. Actual will be different.|