Williamsburg Car Rental Comparison
Williamsburg is a nice independent city in the state of Virginia, United States, located more exactly on the Virginia Peninsula. The history of Williamsburg goes back to 1632, when the city was founded as a fortified settlement between the York and James rivers. Since then, Williamsburg has surely developed a lot.
According to the 2010 census, Williamsburg now has a total population of 14,068 residents and spans on a total area of 8.7 square miles. In the past, Williamsburg was the capital of the Colony of Virginia, whose remains are a main tourist attraction in the city.
Top Attractions within Williamsburg
Colonial Williamsburg is one of the attractions which you should not miss seeing. This is actually a reconstructed historic district, where you will get to see how did people live back in the 18th century. This living history museum is extremely popular, as it features an open-air assemblage of buildings, where reenactors will tell you all about the daily life in the past. Best of all, the museum is free of charge!
Water Country USA is a great provider of family fun in Williamsburg. This amazing water park is filled with slides, rides, and other water features that will charm you instantly. You will also find here numerous shopping and dining options, as well as private cabanas you can rent.
York River State Park is a nice recreational facility in the core of the nature, where you will be able to relax, take in the fresh air, and admire the spectacular scenery. You can also enjoy activities such as biking, hiking, and picnicking.
Busch Gardens is an adventure park in Williamsburg with an European theme that you will certainly enjoy. The park spans on over 350 acres and features numerous rides and fun activities for people of all ages.
A Chef's Kitchen is one of the best restaurants where you can dine in Williamsburg. The five course fixed meal will be prepared by the chef right in front of you, so do not miss out on this great experience. The food is simply amazing, so you will not regret it.
5 Things You Must Do in Williamsburg
A town of great historical significance, Williamsburg was the capitol of Virginia during the years of the Revolutionary War. Today it remains a vibrant example of an integral town in America's birth. With an exciting selection of attractions for visitors of every age, Williamsburg is a town for the whole family.
1. See the historic Berkeley Plantation: In 1619, the first Thanksgiving took place here, at the Berkeley Plantation on the James River. On your visit to the plantation, you can get a guided tour of the historic mansion and all its beautiful antiques and views of the James River.
2. Step back in time at Colonial Williamsburg: Colonial Williamsburg brings to life the town that existed just before the Revolutionary War. Here you will see restored 18th-century buildings, performers in authentic period costume, and people living life the way it was lived in the 1700s.
3. Go for a ride at Busch Gardens Europe: Currently the world's “Most Beautiful Theme Park,” Busch Gardens Europe invites visitors to explore Europe right in the middle of Williamsburg. Here you can find all kinds of thrills, from roller coasters to live entertainment.
4. Have fun and learn at President's Park: This park and museum offers a look at our presidential history, all the way back to 1789. Here you can see the collection of 43 giant presidential busts, as well as hear tours detailing presidential history, all in the beautiful outdoors.
5. Give yourself a fright on Williamsburg's Historic Ghost Walk: In a town with as rich a history as Williamsburg, you're sure to find some chilling stories on this candlelight tour with a guide in authentic period dress. Boo!