Did you know that the late Thomas Dao, the physician who developed breast cancer treatment alternatives, was a resident of Williamsville?
Best Way to Travel: Car
#1 Thing to do: Amherst Audobon Golf Course
#2 Thing to do: Museum of disability HISTORY
#3 Thing to do: Echoes Through Time Learning Center
Fun Fact: The Echoes Through Time Learning Center is the only Civil War museum in Western New York.
#1 Car Rental Company: Enterprise & Avis.
The Village of Williamsville covers one square mile in the towns of Amherst and Cheektowaga in New York. Incorporated since way back in 1850, the village boasts a rich sense of history, as well as parks and activities for visitors and tourists alike to enjoy.
1. Gobble up some goodness at Taste of Williamsville: Williamsville offers its own version of this big city attraction. Get a taste of all the local food, and don't forget to bring the kids for some fun—and free!—games and entertainment.
2. Experience the traditional Old Home Days: Four days of fun, food, and celebration! Parades, rides, food and drink, music and more! Join in this hundred-year tradition of Williamsville.
3. Visit the Historic Meeting House: The Village of Williamsville Historical Society saved this old church from disrepair and age. The church originally belonged to the Disciples of Jesus Christ, whose presence in Williamsville goes back to 1835. In 1976, the Historical Society, with help from State Senators, fully restored the church and its beautiful bell tower to their original glory.
4. Farmer's Market at the Mill: Held Saturday mornings from June to October, the Farmer's Market offers everything from delicious homemade pasta to fresh fruits and vegetables. Come down and sample the food—and the local spirit!
5. Spend some time outdoors at the village's five parks: From the popular event site Island Park to the beautiful Glen Park, each one offers unique charm. Take your loved ones outside for some exercise!