Securing a Top Car Rental in Wilson is Easy
Wilson is a beautiful city and the county seat of Wilson County, in North Carolina, United States. In Wilson, the population numbers approximately 49,100 inhabitants. The name of the city comes after Louis Dicken Wilson, a politician and a general. In Wilson are many nice and relaxing spots, so this city is a must for tourists.
5 Things You Must Do in Wilson
Wilson, North Carolina combines beauty and history to give you and your family a great variety of outdoor and indoor activities. Come visit one of the east coast's most unique cities, and sample the flavor—pork barbeque, that is!
1. Find a real treasure at one of Wilson's many antique shops: Wilson is known as the City of Antiques, boasting over 30 antique shops as well as many seasonal flea markets, all featuring collections sure to catch anyone's eye.
2. Inhale the sweet scents of the Wilson Rose Garden: With over 1100 roses ranging from the traditional to the most exotic and experimental, this garden will entice your senses and relax your mind whether you're an enthusiast or just a casual visitor.
3. Take in a show at the Edna Boykin Cultural Center: In 1919, this building was a genuine Vaudeville theatre. It was recently restored and now features shows throughout the year from prestigious visitors like Alvin Ailey Repertory and the St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre. It is also home to the youth theatre of Wilson.
4. Explore the unknown at Imagination Station: This science center offers fun and thrills for the whole family, with dozens of hands-on exhibits explaining the mysteries of science, nature, and technology.
5. Drink up the outdoors at Buckhorn Reservoir: Here at one of Wilson's many outdoor parks and reservoirs, the whole family can get an outdoor workout at this park, with activities from boating, waterskiing, swimming, and fishing. Don't forget the sunscreen!
Top Attractions within Wilson
Texas Steakhouse And Salon is a nice and casual restaurant, open daily for lunch and dinner. It features American cuisine and specialties. The food is impressive and after the first bites, you will surely order more. Not only the steaks are tasty, but also the salads, Texas classics, broccoli florets, desserts, homemade baked Mac n' Cheese, sweet potatoes with cinnamon sugar and butter, but also seasoned fries. The restaurant offers gift cards, so clients will save money and will have a delicious meal. The portions are huge and there are also special dishes made for kids. The entire family can spend a relaxing time and have a delicious meal at this wonderful restaurant. The staff is nice, polite and the ambiance is relaxing and friendly.
Happy Valley Golf Course is located in Wilson and is a great chance to have fun, but stay fit at the same time. This facility in Wilson is an enjoyable experience for both adults and kids. The area also features three amazing lakes and it can be rented for private events and competitions in teams with family members, friends or colleagues. Visitors can also take up golf lessons and have a great time.
North Carolina Baseball Museum is an amazing attraction in Wilson. It exhibits baseball memorabilia from North Carolina. It is a large area with incredible things to see, to discover and also a rare opportunity to admire such things.
Imagination Station Science Museums of Wilson is an incredible place that must not be missed. Kids and adults will be impressed by the exhibits showcased here. It is an opportunity to enrich the knowledge, so it must not be missed.